Chapter 44 - Yeah, on first years

A/N: had some uploading troubles :) Hope you can see the full chapter now. I will probably be taking a couple days off from writing due to a very, very busy schedule, which is the cause of this upload spree. I'll be back in the weekend though! Hope you enjoy this chapter ♥

Erin grabbed the letter and put it into her bag to put with the other 16 letters. It had been a little over two weeks and Oliver had sent her a letter every day. Erin didn't open them, though. Opening them now would only result in her wanting to talk to Oliver and since she wouldn't see him for another three weeks, that was not a good plan.

She had done quite a good job at dealing with the situation. Sure, she still cried at night, secretly watching the memory in her locket over and over again, but she smiled again. She laughed again and actually meant it. She wanted to be past the situation before deciding whether she was going to jump back into it or not.

Fred and George had done an incredible job at getting her to smile. They'd constantly ask her and Beatrice to plan and execute pranks with them. Even though Erin was a total goody-two-shoes, she couldn't decline those offers. Especially because Beatrice liked it so much and maybe, perhaps, possibly, she also enjoyed hanging out with George. Maybe it was because she was still vulnerable, or because she just recently realised how caring and kind George really is, but she couldn't deny that she felt something towards him and she was not going to feel guilty about it. She was going to keep an open mind and take it slowly. Oliver had messed up and even though she still wanted to see what he had to say, she wasn't sure if she'd want to get back together with him. And if she caught feelings for George, that was just a nice extra.

Benji had heard about the situation as well, as it was the talk of half the Gryffindor table and he had tried to console Erin, but he didn't really knew what to do either. He was a fourteen year old boy, of course he didn't. He did tell Erin that he'd hex Oliver with all the spells he had next time he saw him. 

Another letter fell down on her plate. There was a different handwriting on it this time, but Erin didn't recognize it.

"When is the boy going to give up?" Beatrice rolled her eyes. She had officially decided that she'd never, ever like Oliver again and Erin couldn't blame her. Erin put the second letter in her bag as well. It was probably one of Oliver's tactics, using another handwriting to get her to read it, so she wasn't sure yet if she'd open it or not.

Erin noticed George at the Gryffindor table, signing her all kinds of things that Erin couldn't understand. She made a confused face to show him that he was not getting anywhere with his tactics, so eventually, he stood up and walked over to their table.

"What the hell were you trying to tell me?" Erin grinned as he had reached them. George placed his hands on Erin's shoulders with a sigh.

"You haven't got any classes today, right?" George asked.

"I do not", Erin looked up as far as she could to catch George's eyes.

"Well, then you're coming with Fred and me. We've got some things to test out", he smiled. Erin shrugged.

"Sure."

"Great", George said with a wink and left again.

"He's so into you", Anthony said, who had followed the entire interaction.

"Oh, he's not, we're just friends", Erin said, not completely agreeing with herself. Sure, he didn't try anything with her because he was a respectful human being, but she did see the way he looked at her. It was the way Erin always used to look at Oliver. But she didn't quite mind him looking at her like that.

"Sure captain, whatever you say", Michael added, which caused Erin to feel a crack in her heart re-open. They more often called her captain as, well, she was their captain, but it made her think of Oliver every single time. The word had only one meaning for Erin and that was Oliver, it was her little nickname for him. He was her Captain.