Chapter 49 - He had all the right words.

A/N: I have an Instagram now, completely Wattpad related :) It's @WattpadAlpacalypse  and I'll be posting updates, sneakpeaks, Q&A's and much more on there :D

Erin looked into the mirror one last time. She still loved the dress so much. She had put her hair into soft curls and put a bit of makeup on, but not too much. She felt beautiful.

"Can you zip me up?" Beatrice asked, who walked into the room. Beatrice was not a girly girl at all, but she did decide to go for a dress. She debated on coming in a suit, but deep down, she too wanted to feel like a princess for the night.

"Girl, you look so stunning", Erin said as she zipped up Beatrice's orangy-nude dress.

"I could say the same about you. My bisexual self is aroused", she joked, pulling her best friend into a hug.

"We're going to have a blast, right?" she said and Erin nodded. They were going to.

Erin had felt a whole lot better these past days. She felt like a void in her heart had been filled. It had been filled with hope.

"Come on, there are two red-headed snacks waiting for us", Beatrice grinned and grabbed Erin's hand. It was almost eight, so it was time to find their dates.

The common room was packed with students, all looking either nervous or excited. It was so weird to see everyone in gowns and suits, but Erin loved it.

"Ladies, ladies, it should be a crime to look that stunning", Anthony shouted as they walked down the stairs.

"I know, right?" Beatrice laughed as they joined their friends.

"You don't look too bad yourself", Erin said, readjusting his crooked bow tie.

"Yeah, I bet you regret turning me down now", he smirked and winked at her. The group walked down to the Great Hall, ready for one hell of a night.

"There they are!' Beatrice said and pulled Erin down the stairs. Her eyes caught those of George as he smiled brightly at her. He looked very smart in his tuxedo.

"Don't you look dashing", she said as they joined them. George had trouble finding words, as he was completely mesmerized by Erin. The dress she wore fitted her perfectly and she looked stunning in general. He had come to terms with the fact that she was off the market and he'd find someone like that for himself one day, but he couldn't deny the fact that he thought she looked like an actual goddess.

"You look beautiful tonight, darling", he said and extended his arm, which Erin gladly took. They walked into the Great Hall and admired the scenery. The entire hall was transformed into a Winter Wonderland.

"You want a drink?" George asked as they had found an empty spot to stand in.

"Sure, thank you."

George grabbed Fred's arm and dragged him over to the table with punch.

"George looks handsome, don't you think?" Beatrice asked, wiggling her eyebrows. Erin knew what she was suggesting.

"Yeah, he does", she simply said, not wanting to get into it. She had pushed away all of those thoughts for the past two weeks, as it only complicated things. She didn't want to think about the decision. She had to choose between Oliver and George and even though she had already chosen, she still had to talk to him about it and she didn't want to lose him. George had become a very important person to her and she knew that choosing for Oliver meant losing part of the connection they had and she wasn't ready for that. She understood that he preferred not to be around her and Oliver much, but she was afraid of that. As selfish as it was, she wanted the both of them, Oliver as her boyfriend and George as her friend, but she understood that that could be difficult for George.