That class was boring anyway

After potions class you still had a few more classes until astronomy. You went to those and made sure to take all your proper notes even though you were excited to skip and get a free period.

You packed away all of your things as the second to last class bell rang. The last class of the day was astronomy and you weren't even going. That day was already technically over.

You packed your things away in your dormitory and ran outside to the edge of the forbidden forest.

"Sirius!" You yelled.

"You came!" He yelled back.

"Well of course I did I wasn't going to stand you up for a nice long walk across the... I actually don't even know what we're doing today." You said smiling at him.

"Well I don't know I thought that we could take a walk and sit by the lake and talk. We haven't talked like we used to in a long time. I miss being friends." He said giving you his sad little pad foot eyes.

"Were still friends Sirius. Don't tell anyone but you've always been my favorite." You said.

"I'm honored to be your favorite when you have Remus and James to choose from." He said purposefully leaving out Peter. Who's favorite would be Peter anyways?

"Do you really feel that way? I know you joke but do you actually feel like this Siri?" You said looking at him as the two of you began walking.

"Well I mean I guess sometimes. My own parents disowned me so I don't see why someone like you would favor me over all the other good guys in the group." He said as he looked down at his feet walking. Your heart broke a little bit at hearing him talk about himself like this.

"Sirius... your parents are fools. You are so kind and funny. Not to mention pretty." You said reaching over to pinch his cheek.

"I know I know I'm a pretty pretty princess." He said regaining some of his good old humor.

"I'm Serious. Don't tell moony or prongs or even worm tail. I love you all you are all so great to me and always have been ever since you all helped me with my prank in 3rd year. But you've always had something different about you that's not in the others and I don't know what it is."

"That makes two of us." He mumbled to which you didn't catch but you didn't press him on it.

You continued walking before sitting down at the edge of the black lake and talking some more.

"So who is that special girl you were gossiping about last night?" You said poking him.

"Why do you always have to bring this girl up? You don't even know if I was telling the truth about likening someone."

"I'm sorry Siri it's just you always hang out with girls but i always thought you never had an actual crush."

"I won't tell you her name." He said looking at you "but I'll summarize her."

You nodded your head waiting for him to talk about this special girl.

"This girl is so kind to everyone around her even though some people don't deserve it. You know? Those people who are kind to even their bullies when really they should just punch them straight in the face. She is one of the greatest people I've ever met. When I look at her she just makes me so happy. She does whatever she sets her mind too. She doesn't feel the same way though. And that's ok because sometimes the love is one sided. As long as someone gets to feel love for someone so great in their hearts at least once in life it's beautiful. Even if it may be one sided." He said looking over at you.

He seemed to really love this person. Hearing him talk so passionately about someone was crazy to you. Sirius as never someone who talked about his feelings that deeply.

"What's her house?" You asked eagerly.

"Well I can't tell you that or you would go out and try to find her and I can't have you doing that." He said poking at you.

He stood up and gave you his hand to help you up which you gratefully took. You walked back to the common room and sat on the couch. It was quite cold outside but it was still fun to be out there and just walk and talk.

The two of you warmed up by sitting by the fire and before you knew it you two had passed out.

"Do you think they are finally dating?" James asked. After seeing you and Sirius he pulled Remus into another room.

Remus slapped him.

"No they aren't dating they skipped class earlier and probably just passed out on the couch."

" I wouldn't be so sure Remus. Do you see the love in his face even though he's sleeping."

"James... that is the look of a person sleeping. Probably dreaming about being a millionaire in a mansion."

"Or he's dreaming about y/n.." James continues.

Once again Remus slapped him.

"Ow! What you heard the way he talked about her when we were all gossiping about our little crushes." James continued.

"No I heard the way Sirius talked about a random girl he had a crush on."

"We're you even listening to him. He perfectly described her. There is no way in hell that the girl isn't y/n."

Remus just walked away. Maybe though for once James was right. It wasn't ideal or anything. But he also mainly described a lot of girls. You weren't the kindest to everyone but James would probably just chuck it up to oh he's to blinded by love to see.

Bottom line the crush wasn't you.