Let's Do This

"I really font know about this Marlene what if she doesn't speak to me because I didn't tell her about my fake crush on you," Sirius replied with a scared tone of voice.

"Look you don't have to all I'm saying is you tell y/n that the crush was me and that we are dating and she can either get jealous or very happy for us. We want jealous because if she's jealous she's hiding something."

"Let's do this but we are going to need some ground rules. First, if y/n is not around then there is no need for you to be all lovey-dovey or however you are going to act. Second, no offense but I don't really want to kiss you but I assume to sell the whole dating thing we will need to do something so if anything we limit it to the forehead all right?" He asked these were very strange ground rules for Sirius to set anyone who knew him for at least a few days would know this.

"sound good and no offense taken. Commence operation y/n."

"We are really going to call this operation y/n I mean won't that be a bit obvious?" Sirius asked

"Well no because we won't be saying it in front of her or writing it down anywhere."

Sirius nodded his head in an understanding manner and went off to bed again trying to mentally prepare himself to face you and lie to you about his crush and fake girlfriend. He had no idea how he was going to bring it up or say it but there was no backing out now.

In the morning you were first to wake up and you stalked downstairs and left to go to the cafeteria and get some breakfast in your system. You sat down at the lunch table near some random people who seemed to be in your grader. They most likely knew who you were considering you were pretty much a part of the marauders.

You started piling some food onto your plate and eating it as quickly as possible. The longer you were in there eating the more time it gave the boys as well as the girls time to come down here and find you.

You were mad at them, to say the least. They were totally lying about not knowing who his crush was and you couldn't help but wonder if Sirius put them up to it. He wouldn't do that though right? You weren't going to ignore them forever though. Today you just needed some time with yourself and time to think.

Surely enough you ate quick enough that when the boys came down with lily and Marlene at their side you were gone and heading off to your first class.

"Damn it we missed her! James exclaimed.

"It's alright guys I figured she would eat fast so she wouldn't have to face us and so we couldn't talk to her."

You took a seat in your first class and put your head down. You were not ready for today all you wanted to do was lay in bed and sleep.

as the day went on the marauders had continued to try and talk to you throughout classes but you were not interested so you just ignored them or walked away.

"How am I supposed to do this? I can't even get her to look at me or stay near me long enough to say hello."

"I don't know but I say this is where lily has some genius plan and it works," James replied looking over to Lily who did look like she was hatching a plan in her mind.

"What is it, Lily? Do you have a plan?" Sirius asked her eagerly.

"Well, I have something that might work. She can tell apart all of our handwriting so I will write a note asking her to meet me at the astronomy tower so we can talk. I would just go up to her and tell her but I assume she doesn't really want to face me right now."

James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus all nodded eagerly as to say what are you waiting for get a move on.

Lily grabbed a piece of parchment and began to write on it.

"y/n

meet me in the astronomy tower tonight after dinner. We should talk and I should apologize for keeping secrets. I will see you there.

Lily"

She then walked over and handed it to her owl who graciously took it and flew off in search of you.

"So when am is supposed to meet her?" Sirius spoke up and you could tell he was nervous.

"Tonight after dinner in the astronomy tower."

Sirius froze a little bit as if he wasn't expecting it to be so soon but then relaxed a bit.

Sooner than later dinner had ended and you went up to the girls' dorm to find an owl who seemed to be impatiently waiting for you. You couldn't forget that owl it was Lilys.

You opened up the letter to Lily's handwriting telling you to meet her in the astronomy tower after dinner. You decided you would go and try to make amends you couldn't be mad at them forever. It was already after dinner and you didn't want to keep her waiting so you threw on some sweatpants and a T-shirt and made your way to the astronomy tower.

You were actually relieved you were going because even though just earlier it seemed as if they wanted to talk to you, you figured they wouldn't want to talk to you af6ter how you reacted which you understood.

You walked up the endless stairs to the astronomy tower and opened up the door to see nothing. That was until somebody came out of the corner of the room from leaning on the wall.

"You can't be serious. Should have known Lily would do this I'm leaving." You sighed as you tried to walk out but someone stopped you.

"Well yes and no I am Sirius but I think I could find a red wig and pretend to be lily if you'd rather talk to her about all this." He stated with a grin. He was obviously trying to lighten the situation but right now just wasn't the time.

"Could you? That would be great." You spat at him.

"Hey, I just came to explain the situation because there was no other way you would talk to me unless Lily called you up here."

"Ok then please explain all this because I would really like to know how I should feel about this."

He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to lie to you and possibly hurt you but everyone made it seem like this was the only way.

"My crush or whatever you call it is..." He stopped for a second "Marlene. We actually started dating yesterday..." He felt so bad. He regretted everything the minute it came out of his mouth.

You didn't know why but those words hurt a little bit. They made you sad and you had no clue why. You should have been happy with your two friends but you were anything but it. Luckily for you, you were a pretty great liar and had a good poker face so you didn't react in any particular way.

"Umm ok, Sirius. Good for you." You said patting him on the shoulder and left leaving him to think about what the heck just happened.

You walked back down to the castle and made your way through the halls to the Gryffindor common room. When you got there you were of course faced with James, Lily, Peter, and Remus.

"How did it go?" They all seemed to ask

"How did what go? I don't really know what you're talking about but whatever "it" is it went fine." You said to them and made your way up to the girls' dorm.

You knew what they were talking about but you weren't really going to confide in them now.

You laid in bed and let a few tears fall. You did end up stopping yourself because you shouldn't be crying over your new friend's relationship in a happy or unhappy way.

When Sirius entered the common room he was bombarded with questions.

"What happened?" Lily asked first

"She tried to walk away from me but I stopped her and told her and then she said I quote "Ummm ok Sirius. Good for you." Then patted me on the shoulder and left."

"How did she react? Like what was her body language like?" James questioned earning agreeing nods from all of his friends.

"I couldn't tell she didn't seem sad, jealous, happy, or anything she just kept a straight face and then left."

"Well,thats not good. She's good at hiding her emotions. This is going to take some more work." Marlene added and everyone sighed and fell back on the couches in defeat.