He was right?

"Well, it looks like I missed out on the fun," Sirius said trying to change the subject of the conversation.

"No, no, no you don't just get to skirt past that." Remus snapped back. "You don't like her like that right?" He asked.

Just then like someone was watching from above James and Lily snapped back out of their little trance and looked over at Remus.

"What did we say I can't really remember?" Lily asked

"Well looks like I will leave the two fo you here to talk about this," Sirius said trying to slip out of the room.

James almost said ok before he remembered the little conversation he was going to have with him.

"You both said each other! Now Sirius it's your turn to share what I have just found out." Remus stated. He almost looked hurt his friend hadn't told him originally that he did like you.

"Yeah Sirius what did Remus just discover. I know that it wasn't us finding you and y/n sleeping in each other's arms because we already found that. I keep telling Remus the two of you are in love with each other but he doesn't believe me."

"Well, it's more of a one sided thing. I really doubt she cares for me like that." Sirius said rubbing the back of his neck.

"So it's true! Someone owes me 5 galleons."

"We never bet on it, James." Remus sighed

"Well, we should have because I knew all along."

"Technically even though you didn't bet you wouldn't have won if you did. You said to love each other not Sirius loving y/n."

He had a glum look on his face. He wasn't completely right but he mostly was. You and he were great friends and you didn't really know exactly what you felt towards him. If anything it was probably platonic.

"So you love her?" Lily questioned her smile growing wider by the minute.

"Well of course I love her. How couldn't Ii shes like the best thing that's ever happened to me." He said but with these last 7 words 'best things that's ever happened to me,' all the marauder's heads snapped to look at him. "I mean besides my great friends."

"Ooh, are we talking about Sirius's new love interest?" You asked entering the room with the blanket Sirius draped over you still hanging onto your shoulders.

"Well it's not really new it's been happening for a long time," Remus said with a laugh.

"Speaking of a long time how long have you been there y/n?" Lily asked. Sirius was so thankful for Lily at this point for asking the question that would seem suspicious if he asked.

"Oh not long just for at most 30 seconds. I only heard the last part of your little conversation. If you're worried about me haring your conversation? She does sound great though even though Sirius refuses to give me a name so I don't go looking for her. Probably a good choice though to be honest." 

"Yea she does, doesn't she?" James asked looking at Sirius who looked very uncomfortable.

"Hey, I have an idea! Why don't Sirius and y/n go and eat some dinner together since they missed it with their nap and all?" Lily spoke up

"Yay food."You said as you immediately turned on your heel making your way towards the cafeteria for some food.

"Thanks a lot, Lily." Sirius glared and spat at her.

At dinner, you were a bit quiet.

"Everything alright?" Sirius asked you

"Am I that bad?" You asked as Sirius gave you a what are you talking about look. "That you don't want to eat dinner with me."

He was a bit confused for a second and then he finally realized and began talking.

"Oh no your not Lily just likes to get on my nerves. She was probably hoping that if we ate dinner together then I would tell you the name of the girl I like so you would give it to her." He always was a mediocre liar.

"Oh good." You breathed

"Good?"

"I mean yea. I like hanging out with you you're my favorite remember." You said continuing to eat your dinner.

Sirius didn't know how much more of this he would be able to take. Every time you called him your favorite, every time you smiled at him, every time you walked side by side with him to class and your hand brushed against his but you never felt the need to say sorry his love just grew a bit. You would think that after a while you can't love a person endlessly, at some point the love stops growing. It's still there but it doesn't get any bigger when your heart is just too full.

Once the two of you finished eating you were met with a completely empty dining hall. No teachers, no students, not even any ghosts which was a rare sight.

Sirius watched as you got up from his seat and threw the rest of your garbage away.

"Dance with me?" You said holding out your hand to dance.

"There is no music but sure." He said taking your hand

"No need I'm a great singer." You were obviously sarcastic.

You two danced and he twirled you around throughout the entire room as you sang you cheesy muggle dance songs and hummed. Maybe to you, you were sarcastic about being a good singer but to him, he thought it was the most beautiful sounding thing ever.

You ended up dancing for a while before you began to get more tired. As you got more tired the dances slowed and Sirius could since you were on the brink of sleep. He knelt to the ground and told you to hop on to his back to which you thankfully agreed.

You rested your head on his shoulder as he walked with you on his back throughout the school. He entered the Gryffindor common room and was met by Lily, Remus, James, and Peter.

"So it's true what they said," Peter said through his smile.

"Shh shes asleep. Whatever they said was probably an over-exaggeration so ill catch you up later okay."

He lent down and laid you down on the couch and took off your shoes lifting your feet up so you were laying across the couch. He covered you with a blanket and put a pillow under your head. When he looked back he could sense they were trying to hold back smiles. As he walked back to his dorm he could still feel their eyes on his.