Finnally

"That was a long time coming." Sirius said as your lips parted ways.

"Yes, yes it was." You laughed.

"I hope you brought luggage because I can't bare to see you leave here this soon."

"Oh I did trust me."

"Oh so you knew this was going to happen?" He said cheekily

"You could say I had an inkling. But seriously I could not watch you and Marlene any longer."

"I couldn't watch it myself much longer. I couldn't bare for you to think Remus liked you." He said placing his forehead on yours.

"Jealous much?"

"Ok guys get a room!" James scoffed

"I'm case you haven't noticed prongs we have got one. You just decided to barge in."

"Touché." And he retreated.

"Touché." You mimicked and he laughed.

"Merlin I love you."

"Good to know it's not unrequited."

The two of you left to go downstairs and were met with James and Remus pretending to be busy however it seemed that James was eating out of an empty plate.

"Looks like some nice food James." You scoffed.

"Shit..." he laughed.

"Wait until I owl lily she will find that hilarious."

"Please don't..." he pleaded

"Too late the thoughts already in her mind."
Sirius said sitting down with you laying in your lap.

"You are like a lost dog Sirius."You giggled

"Hey in my defense I'm a touch starved dog who's been fawning over you for a long time so give me love."

"Ok ok your wish is my command." You pressed a kiss to his forehead earning a grin from him.

"You guys should go on a date." James suggested from where he was actually heating himself up some food.

"Huh."You and Sirius seemed to say at the the same time.

"Well Sirius has been praying for this day since he was a wee lad and now it's here. It's only fitting that the two of you go on a date. I know it's scary but if me and lily can do it so can you."

Sirius looked up at you with that seemed like hope in his eyes.

"Yea we can do that. But it's getting late I don't even know why James is eating. We can maybe go out tommorow?"

Sirius smiled at you and nodded.

"I'm eating because I'm hungry I don't even care if it's almost midnight."

"Wow James." Remus spoke up from the other side of the couch.

"I'm going to go to bed Siri." You placed one last kiss to his forehead and headed for the stairs.

"We'll go get her before she passes out in the guest bed." James spoke as you disappeared upstairs and Sirius ran up the stairs.

He knocked on the door to which you answered now in pajamas you had brought in your suitcase.

"Sirius? Are you ok it's been 5 minutes."

"Im good. Just thought it would be only fitting for you to come sleep with me in my room. You know? In case of the nightmares."

You gave him a smile and nodded.

"Alright. Lead the way."

He smiled excitedly and led you down the hall to his room. You later down and covered yourself with the soft comforter as Sirius changed into pajamas.

"Enjoying the view?" He laughed as you realized you were staring and tore your eyes off him.

He laid down next to you and looked into your eyes.

"Well I guess you could say so. You could also say I wasn't expecting that."

"I figured it was fine your practically my girlfriend and we've known each other since age 13. I can change in the bathroom if it makes you more comfortable."

"No that's alright. I'm fine with it, just took me by surprise is all." You offered him a smile to which he returned.

"Now come here and let me cuddle you so that the nightmares don't come and get me." He half joked and you scooted over to him.

He wrapped his arms around you and the two of you closed your eyes.

"Goodnight my little night light."

"Night light?" you asked even though you were screaming inside. That had to be one of the cutest things he ever called you in his life. Not only were you now night light. You were his night light that belonged to him. The only one who could scare away the monsters now.

"I like the name. James has his lily flower or whatever he calls her so I get my night light. Do you not like it?"

"No no no I love it Sirius. It's the best thing I've heard in a long time. What if I call you light bulb can't protect the monsters without a light bulb. Can't scare away the monsters without you holding me." You laughed.

"Honestly I'm not mad. Im fine with it." He smiled as he rested his chin on your head.

"I'll spare you the torture and not call you that in front of friends." You said which earned you a laugh.

As the two of you drifted off little did you know that James and Remus were outside the door.

"Oh we are so calling him lightbulb tomorrow." James laughed quietly.

"No we aren't." Remus states trying to pry James off the door.

"You my dear friend are no fun." He frowned as he let Remus pull him away.

You may not have known they were right outside your door but you did know that you were excited for your date tomorrow.