Are We Good?

"Why?" Sirius sighed in defeat

"Why what Padfoot?" James asked in a confused manner.

"Why is this happening to me? I don't feel like this towards other girls I kiss them and leave. Why did I have to fall for her? One of my best friends and the person who for some reason is amazing at hiding their emotions."

"I don't know Padfoot maybe because she is your best friend and you two spend every waking minute together. Something was bound to happen at some point." Remus replied.

"I don't know about that anymore. She seemed a little distant when I told her I was dating Marlene. We usually would have left and walked out together but she ran out in rather the hurry."

Sirius really hoped this whole fake dating Marlene thing wouldn't tear the two of you apart and so did you. It's not that you were trying to be distant but you didn't even know how to face him. You weren't sure what you were feeling about the whole situation but you let yourself cry in bed.

Sirius eventually left the common room and went to bed. He was also not ready to face tomorrow and try to talk to you.

The first time the next day that Sirius was able to talk to you was at lunch when he saw you leaving.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Oh, I was just going to the library."

He looked down at the food you were holding and grew confused.

"But you never eat in the library always in the cafeteria?"

"Well, I have to study." You replied. You didn't actually have to study you just didn't want to intrude on Marlene and Sirius they were in a new relationship and probably wanted to talk.

"Let me come with you I can grab my food and head out with you?" He said looking over your face for approval.

"No that's okay I think Marlene is waiting for you over there." You said pointing to Marlene who was, sure enough, looking at the two of you but soon looked away when she realized you saw her.

Sirius wasn't really sure what to say so he nodded and walked off.

He flopped down in his seat next to Marlene and put his head down.

"Are you going to get food, Sirius?" James asked

"Not hungry."

"What did you say this time?" Remus asked

"I didn't say anything. I asked her where she was going and she told me about the library."

"But she never eats in the library." Lily chimed in who was now all the sudden sitting next to James.

"I know but she said she had to study so I offered to go with her and she saw Marlene watching us." He said looking at Marlene.

"Sorry, what did she say about it?" Marlene asked.

"Well, she said it looked like you were waiting for me and I didn't know what to say so I just walked away. Why must she be so good at emotion hiding."

"She's not studying," Lily stated in a matter of factly tone.

"What?" Sirius asked lifting his head from the table.

"She's letting her guard down because she doesn't know what we are doing. Believe me, if we had something to study I would be in the library with her. She is in their sulking." Lily said crossing her arms.

"But why would she lie?" James asked

"Because she obviously doesn't want Sirius to know how she feels about this. We need a spy. I say peter goes in there and sees what she's doing but doesn't let himself be seen."