Graduation of the 6th year

Well it was Monday. It was Monday and you had fulfilled your promise to not leave the girls dorm until it was time to leave Hogwarts. Even though today was graduation day you were still going to have to be careful. Sirius could pop up at any time and even though you told Lily not to tell Sirius about your m Amortentia you knew she probably did.

Although what you didn't realize that while you were avoiding him Sirius was trying to find Marlene. He looked everywhere and was so relieved when he found her in the library.

"Marlene!"

"Yes Sirius. Did you find y/n we have to keep going with this plan or it s never going to-"

"Marlene no we don't need to keep going."

"What do you mean Sirius?" She was genuinely confused.

"Lily yesterday even though she didn't flat out say it she said it."

"Said what Sirius."

"What we've been waiting for her to say. Anything about y/n liking me. She walked by me and she was all smug and said smoke and sugar. You know what those are? Scents! Do you know who smells like that? Me! Do you know what we recently did that had to do with scents? Amortentia! Do you know who wouldn't tell me who they got?"

"Y/n?" Marlene was getting excited.

"Yes y/n! And lily went to talk to her before she said that to me. I've been looking for y/n all week but I think she's hiding for me in the girls dorms or something."

"I'm on it."

"On what?" Now Sirius was confused.

"I'm going to find where your new girlfriend is."

He smiled at the new word and went out on his own to look some more for you as well.

He didn't find you though. Until you were getting ready to get on the Hogwarts express to leave.

"Y/n!"

You looked over to see who was yelling your name and when you saw Sirius you knew your jig was up.

"I want to talk to you about the whole smoke and sugar thing."

"She told you! Oh I knew she would it's really not a big deal Sirius. I know it would be weird with Remus and how he used to like me and you and Marlene. I'll just try to stay away ok?" You said on the brink of tears.

"No don't do that!" He just wanted to hug you at this point.

"But Sirius it will be too awkward. I have to go."

And you entered the train finding a random compartment.

This was not how the end of the year was supposed to go. It wasn't how the whole year was supposed to go. You weren't supposed to fall in love with your childhood best friend. You weren't supposed to find out Remus used to like you. You weren't supposed to have Sirius find out you liked him. And while he was dating your best friend.

You had just messed up your whole friendship. You wondered if maybe you never should have been friends with them in the first place.

"What happened?" Remus asked Sirius who looked like he was going to cry as he entered their compartment but you were no where to be found.

Seeing Sirius cry was a rare occurrence it barley ever happened. They had only seen him cry when his parents disowned him. Even then you had comforted him so who would comfort him now?

"I talked to her. She doesn't want to be in the friend group anymore. Thinks it will be too awkward. She didn't let me explain everything and she won't talk to me. Why did I have to fall for her." He said looking to Remus for an answer.

"Because she's a beautiful smart woman who is very lovable. Because the two of you are soulmates and deserve to be together. She may not see it now but it will come back to bite her."

Sirius nodded and was quiet for the whole ride back.

———

When you arrived home the first thing you noticed was your parents weren't home and there was a note on the fridge.

"Dear y/n
Honey we will be gone for the summer if you want you could go the potters and hang out with that friend in yours. Sirius was it? Have a good summer. We wish we could see you but work had us out."

Great your only backup out of this empty house was your crushes house. You wouldn't mind it usually but he wasn't just your crush. He was your crush you had been your friend of 3 years, was dating someone else, had a friend that used to like you, and you told him you were leaving the friend group because it was awkward.

———

You got a letter from Marlene about a week into the summer. You really didn't want to open it in case it was some sad please come back letter. However you summed up your courage and opened it.

"Dear y/n

How are you doing so far. I'm doing good. Great actually. Remember Dorcas? She asked me out. Which is good because I really like her. I said yes and we are going to go out on a date at hogsmeade probably. I'm so excited. Also I heard what happened please don't leave the group. What is the marauders without Hummer."

You smiled at the nickname. The boys have it to you so you would have your own little name. However the nickname didn't really become a thing until you and the boys became animagi for Remus and your animal was a hummingbird.

Your smile however dropped when you remembered the first part of the letter. She had said that dorcas asked her out and she said yes. This wouldn't be a problem but you had thought her and Sirius were dating.

This led to only one solution you were going to have to go to the potters. Thankfully you lived in the same state. Just a bit away you would have to take a bus. Luckily you had wizard money but you couldn't take a normal bus with this. You were going to have to take the night bus.