Chapter 38

I started to move my eyes around the crowd, trying to find a woman in her mid-30's. Tricia Doroteo told me to meet her at the first floor of a five star restaurant here in Taguig to talk about her proposal.

Just before proceeding to the restaurant's staff, I saw a woman who is waving at my direction. I halted from my steps and decided to proceed in her direction.

Siguro ay siya si Tricia? She wouldn't waved at me if she is not.

She is wearing a formal black corporate attire. Her hair is fixed in a high bun. Hindi naman siya mukhang nasa 30's, If I will look closer, I think I can say that she looks like in her late 20's.

"Hello, I'm so sorry I am late." Ngumiti ako at humingi ng paumanhin sa babae.

Tumawa siya. "No, no! I am just early. You're just on time Ms.Vasquez."

She gestured me to seat at the empty chair beside me. Ngumiti ako at umupo nga doon. Inayos ko ang nakasumbit na laptop sa aking balikt sa libreng katabing upuqn at doon ito ipinatong.

"I'm really glad that you were able to reply with my email." She started. "I saw a lot of your works and I liked it!"

"Wow, thank you, Ms. Tricia. I was really surprised when I received your email. I didn't know that someone will take interest with my works." I shyly replied.

Um-order muna kaming pareho bago ipinagpatuloy ang aming pakay sa araw na iyon.

Inilabas niya ang kaniyang laptop at binuksan iyon. Nang maayos na niya ito ay hinarap niya ito sa akin.

Inayos ko naman ang laptop ko kanina habang um-o-order kaya wala ng problema.

I think I should show her some of my works and sketches.

"Let's get down to business, shall we?" Tumango ako sa kaniya.

"So this house was already built. Ipinapa-renovate nalang ito ngayon." She showed me a picture of a big house at ang ayos nito sa loob.

Apparently the owner, which is her, wanted to renovate her house. Matagal na daw na nakatayo ang bahay ngunit wala pang nakatira dito.

"We want you to design the house. Sayang naman kasi dahil walang nakatira." She ended.

The house has a lot of plenty rooms inside. Malaki din ito at mukhang mayaman ang may-ari.

"By the way, I already sent you the soft copy in your email."

Mayroon siyang kinalikot sa loob ng kaniyang bag na sa tingin ko ay ang kontrata.

She explained to me whatever was written inside the contract. Wala namang nakalagay na panahon kung kailan ko dapat matapos ang pag de-design dito, she told me that I can take all the time, I need.

I've actually made up my mind. I will accept the contract. I also talked to Xanley about it, kung okay lang ba sa kaniya na tumanggap ako ng trabaho and he said he is fine with it.

"You're an attorney?" I asked curiously after I signed the contract.

Nakita ko ang pangalan at title niya sa pinakababa nito.

"Yes, yes. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to properly introduce myself." She laughed.

We talked for a little bit more before deciding to part ways.

We will discuss about the house on our next meeting. Ngayon kasi, ang pinag-usapan lang namin ay ang proposal niya.

We already scheduled our next meeting in the same restaurant after the next three days.