Chapter 28

486-504

He went on his knees.. Forwarded his hand for her to hold.. She was coming down for him but he stopped her..

"Baby please don't come on your knees. Let me do this for you."

The spot light turned red and he started speaking...

"I am sorry guys. I know we have gathered here for our movie completion party. But I want to dedicate this to my dearest wife. Please bear with me for a few minutes then we'll start the party."

Everyone hooted, supporting Sidharth..

Just then, Jay Mahhi and a small group of friends entered. Didis, Baaz and everyone welcomed them and helped them to get a place to witness the grand dedication..

" Shehnaaz, you are shining light of my life.. You make my morning beautiful and my night peaceful.. Jis tarike se tu mera khayal rakhti hai.. Set pe aake khana khilati hai.. Agar nai aati to hazar phone kar ke ye check karti hai ki mai thik hu ya nai.. Baby you do things which I don't ask you for.. These few months were different and difficult for me at the same time.. With what happened with Paras, The Fights we had, the ups and downs we had in our life. I never say my life these days.. It's always our life.. "

This made Shehnaaz's heart swell up with love and intensity.. Her eyes were already welled up and so were mom's..

He didn't wipe her tears. He let her emotions flow through while he continued..

" I respect you way too much baby.. "

She kept gesturing him to get up.. This time he agreed but not before giving her a gift..

He put his hand in the pocket of his Suit and took out a box. He opened it and presented it to his Queen 👑

She face palmed herself.. It was a Diamond ring 💍 Shining bright

He made her wear the ring and she gestured him to stand now

He made her wear the ring and she gestured him to stand now.. Not wanting him to be on his knees out of respect..
He stood, wrapping his arms around her shoulder..
"One thing I'd like to share.. I know how much she loves my family.. Including My Dad.."
Everyone looked a little shocked listening to the mention of his Dad...
Shehnaaz looked at him asking for the explanation of it..
"Okay so let me tell you what I heard a few days before.. I left for work but forgot some papers. So I came back and the door was already open so I came home.. I saw Shehnaaz sitting on the Couch 🛋 with a dupatta on her head and her hands folded.. I don't remember her exact words.."
She remembered what day it was and she was in a shock 🤯 because she didn't have the slightest idea that Sidharth knew about this.. Mom was also listening to this carefully..
" She asked for my Father's soul to rest in peace.. Wherever he is, Keep his wife happy.. (my mom) and Keep blessing all his three children.. She asked for such beautiful prayer. I quickly grabbed my papers and left.. I was talking teary eyed in the car.." He looked at Mon and then again at Shehnaaz..
" Baby thank you for making my family yours.. Thank you for keeping my Dad alive.. You deserve all the love and respect from SHUKLA family.. Because you are the upcoming Queen of this family.. Mom is the Queen now.. You will be one soon, when you will become a Mommy of our Babies.."
She blushed and looked down as she heard about babies..
Even in her wildest dream, she never imagined Sidharth thinking about babies.. She knew he was madly attached to babies but having a baby of his own. She neevr thought he thinks about all this..
" I also heard her once when she donated stuff to Orphanages and Widow House.. UNDER anonymous name and asked them specifically to Pray for my Father's Peace.. That touched me.. These days, earning money is very easy but She has made my Father get prayers in heaven..
BABY, I am very very sorry.. I know I behave ruthlessly with you many times.. But you never shout at me.. At that particular time.. Meri band tu mera gussa shant hone ke baad bajati hai.".
She pouted and he chuckled at his baby..
" No but on a serious note, I apologise to you for all the times I've spoken
rudely, in a higher volume or in a disrespectful way.. I am sorry Shehnaaz.. "
He said, his eyes showing the guilt he was feeling.. Shehnaaz looked into his eyes 👀 which were shining a few minutes before but now his eyes lost that shine.. She knew he was thinking about the bad behaviour done by him with her.. And the way she always forgave him..
She held his hand, got it to his lips but stopped mid way.
"Aankho ki chamak wapas leke aa.. Guilt ko bhaga warna maaf nai karungi.."
He smiled at her and the guilt washed off his eyes.. He said Sorry again.. And she kissed his forehead...
He wasn't letting her speak much. He wanted to vent everything out, in order to make her feel the way she deserved..
" I know baby teko lag raha hoga ye Kaunsa Sidharth hai.. Sidharth aisa nai hai.. Itna express nai karta tera wala sidharth.. But baby To be honest, Jab
mai tere chote chote confessions sunta hu to mujhe bht acha lagta hai.. I did this for you my baby to make you feel the way you deserve.. The love, the respect, the family.. Everything.. I changed a little for you.. Baby tujhe pata hai.. Mai pyar karne se darta tha.. Aisa nai hai Ke mai express karna nai janta.. My heart was scared to love.. My heart feels free to love you.. I don't get the barrier of fear to love you.. I can't live without you and I am not scared to tell you this.. Pehle mai darta tha ye soch ke kahi tu chor ke chale na jaye to.. Mujhe pata hai tu nai jaegi mujhe chor ke.. I LOVE YOU SHEHNAAZ. Thanj you for letting me a baby, a mature person, Your Khadoos sometimes, and emotional as and when required.. Thank you for not judging me and loving me even when I behave like an asshole sometimes. Sorry for the language but I know how I behave when angry.. Thank you for teaching me how to believe in Love again..
One more thing.. I never had a brother, thank you for coming into my life and giving me a brother like my Chotey.. Shehbaaz..."
Baaz looked at him with teary eyed.. Such a confession coming from Sidharth Shukla can make anyone shed their tears of happiness..
"Lastly, I would like to Dedicate my first ever movie as a director to You.. I know tu ye soch rahi hogi Mom ko include kyu nai kiya.. Mai karne wala tha.. But Mom wanted this to be entirely yours.. So she is in my team.. MOM Nd I dedicate this to You My Love."
Baaz wanted to hug Sidharth But Qiran stopped him..
Sidharth wanted to hold Shehnaaz and she wanted to hug him too..
Sidharth opened the buttons of his suit and hugged her.. Digging his fingers in her bare waist and his chin resting on his head.. She could listen to his heart beat rising.. She kept rubbing his back.
He dug deeper into her and Mom wiped her tears..
She looked around and saw everyone (friends and family) being emotional on that one proper confession from None Other Than Sidharth Unexpressive Shukla who was becoming An expressing Sidharth Shukla.. She asked VG to turn off the spotlight as she wanted then to be alone for sometime.
"Beta, spot light hata de unke upar se.. Aur party chalu karwa de.. They need to be alone for sometime.. Meri Bachi abhi emotional hogi.."
"Aapki Bachi to hogi hi hogi.lekin mai guarantee ke sath bolta hu, aaj Aapka Bacha bhi emotional hoga.. Mai lights larwata hu.. Aur aap jao unke pass thodi der me.. Dono pagal hote rahenge. Aap sambhal lena.."
He did as told. And his prediction was so fucking true.
Here Sidharth, crying silently in his baby's arms.. Feeling his tears on her shoulders, she tried coming out of his embrace but he held her tighter.. Both let out their emotions as the lights went off from them..
He didn't leave her, He didn't want to leave her.. She wanted to say so much. But after one such intense strong unexpected series of events made her speechless.. The girl who could talk about love stories of a crow and a bird had become speechless 😶
He had stopped crying, his tears had dried up but his arms not moving an inch, his heart wanting her close to him..
"Mujhe pata hai tu mujhe chor ke nai jaa rahi.. Lekin door jaa rahi hai na.." He said like a child who studies in boarding school feels while leaving his family at the school gate..
She had no words yet again.. She wasn't ready for the movie shoot at first just because of the shoot location.. Sidharth made her understand as he actually loved the script and It was for women empowerment.. Also, He knew even after many years, Punjab still haunted her a little.. He wanted her to come over it.. He wanted her to be fearless..
She finally wanted to see his face..
"Bebu.." She said so that he would leave her a little or at least loosen the grip so that she could look at him..
He exactly did the second thing she wanted. He loosened the grip amd she cupped his face..
"Humara Dil sath dhadakta hai na.. Fir ye mat soch ki mai jaa rahi hu.. Hum India me hi hai Bebu.. Aur ghar rahungi to safe bhi rahungi.. Ghar ka khana khaungi.. Apna pura dhyan rakhungi.. Teri Sherni ban ke rahungi.. Weak nai padungi.. Jo jo cheez tune aaj boli hai.. Mai wo kabhi nai bhul paungi.. aur wo baate mujhe hamesha ye ehsaas dilaega ki tu mere dil me hai.. Aaj tune mujhe ye movie dedicate kar diya hai ye kitni badi baat hai mere liye tu soch bhi nai sakta.. Pura mehnat tu kiya.. Idea tera.. Setting shooting ki sab teri.. Aur teri mehnat tune mujhe dedicate kari.. Bebu I love You.. Abhi mood acha
rakh.. Tune bho proud feel karwaya hai mujhe.. Baaz ko "Chotey" tu jis muhabbat se bolta hai wo mere dil ko bho zyada chua.. Ab party me chal.. Guest se mil.. Tere crew se mil.. Ek baar Maa ko mil lete hai.. Maine unki ankho me aasu dekhe the.." She said and he kissed her forehead..
"Ek aur baat.. Tune sab English me bola.. Sab ko lagega mai samjhi bhi houngi ya nai.." She said with a sad pout..
"Baby you know English.. Koi kuch nai samjhega aisa waisa.. Tune kaha tha na tu ek baar wapas sunegi to tujhe aa jaega waisa hi hai Darling.. Jo Maine bola wo tujhe samjha.. Isse zyada kuch important nai hai.. Ab chal chalte hai Maa ke pass.."
He held her waist, that confession made him clung on to her.. He wasn't ready to leave her and she was liking the way he was close to her.. The thoughts of leaving coming into her mind but she kept brushing that thought away and focused on the time they have...
Mom was sitting at a chair a little away from them.. She stood as she saw them coming towards her..
She simply wrapped her arms around bith her kids and didn't say anything.. They just hugged each other together.. SidNaaz kept rubbing Mom's back to calm her down..
They finally let go of each other and Shehnaaz showed the ring to Mom.. Mom held her hand as she saw the ring closely..
"Beautiful, simply Elegant choice Beta., I am so proud of You! And Shehnaaz, Mere ghar ki Raunak.. Ye sab baat mujhe aaj hi pata chali..isse pehle Sidharth ne mujhe bhi nai bataya tha.. Jis tarike se tumne is parivaar ko apnaya hai.. ye mai soch bhi nai sakti thi.. Tum Sidharth ki zindagi me late aayi, lekin jab aayi to sab sambhal li.. Mai janti hu ye kaisa hai.. Tum ne bina soche, bina kisi fayda se bas sambhal liya isko.. Meri fikar aadhi kar di.. Khush rahe meri Bachi.."
Mom hugged Shehnaaz alone now..
Sidharth wiped Mom's tears as she hugged Naaz..
Naira and Didis came too.. Didi hugged Sidharth, teary eyed..
"Arey.. Tum dono shant ho jao Baba..Please.." He said as he hugged his sisters..
Naira got a bag with herself..
"Acha ab bht emotional ho gaye, Laides, Follow me to the washroom.. I've got all your make up products which you used today.. Touch up karo aur chalo party me." She turned towards Sidharth, "Let me do your touchup. Chalo fatafat.."
She said hugging eveyone and lightening up the situation a little..
Everyone understood how she cutely diverted their minds but they did as she said.. They corrected their make-up and joined the party..
Sidharth with Mom and Naaz on his either sides..
As they went to the party area, Baaz was eagerly waiitng.. Sidharth left mom and Naaz and went ahead to
where Baaz was stanidng.. As he saw Sidharth coming, he started walking at his direction too..
They hugged each other tight.. Sidharth, as his habit, rubbed his back..
"Choteyyy!! Bas shant ho ja.."
"Mai nai ro raha.."
Sidharth wiped his tears.. "Pata hai.." He said not wanting him to be embarrassed..
Qiran had taken care of Baaz so he was fine.. A few of Shehnaaz's friends had come too, like, Shefali B, Madhurima, Shivani (someone from the building) and Krishna.. Shehnaaz went to meet them and all teased her and wished her good wishes..
Sidharth hugged his friends and called Shehnaaz to meet the crew..
"Shhenaaz, Idhar Aana zara.." He called her formaly since they were in a party. But he didn't know how much his friends would tease him..
"Idhar aana zara.. Ye Sidharth tu kitna jaldi badal kata hai.. kuch minute
pehle, Romantic Husband, ab seedha Formal Husband." Kushal was the naughtiest when it comes to teasing Sidharth..
Shehnaaz came after five minutes completely unaware of the teasing session going on.. She hugged Mahhi who was with Sidharth's group and missed the blushing Sidharth all because of the teasing..
She held his arms after meeting Mahhi and rested her head on his shoulder...
Everyone in the friend circle, "Awwwww"
"Shut up" said Sidharth and Shehnaaz hid behind his arm.. This party was different, but it felt different. Earlier she took it as his husband's shoot completion party but now it was also the celebration of Sidharth's confession..
They excused themselves and went to meet the crew members...
Everyone met them politely and a few who had become Sidharth's friends, congratulated him and told him.
"Husband ho to aapke jaisa."
He just blushed cutely.. He was feeling different.. He felt light as he got everything out from his heart. He was sneakily looking at Shehnaaz who was smiling even when she was looking at some random place. Smile wasn't leaving her face and she was looking at the ring every now and then..
The music was on.. He wanted to dance with her..
He shook her shoulder as she was lost.
"May I dance with you Wifey.!" He asked in a very very romantic and husky voice. He almost came close to her ears, his hands on her shoulder and his lips almost touching her earlobe while he asked. She shivered as she felt him so close to her and with the people around her... She agreed and Sidharth looked at VG.. He understood and he went to the DJ..
Everyone left the dance floor as they saw SidNaaz coming...
Not mentioning the whole song.. Only the lines that suited this situation. I'm adding that
MAI RAAT DIN YEH DUA KAROON.
TERE LIYE MAI JIYU MARU. CHARO PEHER TUJHE DEKHA KARU. MERA JAHAN YEH TUJHPE FANA KARU..
He had actually practiced a small performance.. He knew she would dance along as she knew dancing.. He held her in his arms then twirled her around and pulled her back, taking her in arms again.. She looked like a Princess dancing with her Prince Charming.
ZIKRA TUMHARA JAB JAB HOTA HAI.
DEKHO NA HOTHO PE TERA EHSAAS REH JATA HAI.
"Baby that's why I take your name more. When I say SHEHNAAZ I see my life in front of my eyes."
MERE HAR RASTE KO MANZIL MIL JAYE.
TERA CHEHRA JAB NAZAR AAYE..
She now didn't want to dance. She wanted to feel the words so she hugged him. But as TERA CHEHRA started. Sidharth lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes and kissed her forehead..
Now what? TBC!