17: Wonder

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"-ng"

"-yung"

"TAEHYUNG!" Jin screamed in his ear but the merman was too deep in his thoughts that his ears weren't working well. Jungkook frowned when he felt that the other was way too much deep in his thoughts. He quickly put the syrup for the pancakes that Jin made for all and walked to the spacing-out merman.

"You ok?" He slightly shook his shoulder and finally, Taehyung looked back at him... or more like at the hand.

His eyes were blinking rapidly as he out of blue grabbed the hand of his human and brought that closer to his eyes... flipping it up and down to see the mark.

"What happened to him?" Jin cocked his brow while preparing his plate. Jungkook shrugged on that and again gave his attention to the surprised merman.

"Tae. What's wrong? What are you looking for?"

"Here.. that- um no." Taehyung mumbled giving a last glance over the other's hand as well to see no mark.

Was I hallucinating again? No, I clearly saw that on his wrist but where did it go?

Taehyung again spaced out in the pool of his fears and Jungkook huffed before stuffing Taehyung's slightly opened mouth with a big piece of pancake... as a response, the merman just saw him with wide eyes.

"Don't burden your unusual brain that much." Jungkook slightly scolded him and took a seat beside him to have his breakfast as well.

"Oh God.. why you two are that much sweet with each other?" Jin whined before again stuffing his mouth with a big piece of pancake, slightly, very slightly feeling bad for being single. 

"Don't be jealous of us hyung... you also have someone who can be that much sweet with you but unfortunately, you are continuously ditch,- ouch!" Jungkook couldn't complete his words as a spoon flew in his direction and hit his forehead. The poor boy groaned in pain while the possessive brunet beside him growled in his specific voice.

"What's that sound?" Jin got scared oblivious that Taehyung glared at him while his hand reached out to softly rub over Jungkook's red spot on his forehead.

Jungkook smirked at Jin while showing Taehyung a pout, offended by the fierce reaction from the soft-looking male.

"He is my knight in as shining armor hyung, you hurt me.. he will be angry." He proudly stated as Taehyung was still rubbing his forehead with concerned eyes and a beautiful pout like he didn't just growl. 

Jin gulped harshly when Taehyung gave him another glare.

"Um.. sorry Tae. But he was teasing me." Jin pointed out, feigning innocence and Jungkook chuckled at that.

"I wasn't teasing." This time he successfully dodged the flying spoon but Taehyung's growl was very loud and he was about to get up from his chair if it wasn't for Jungkook who stopped him while laughing uncontrollably because Jin looked very... very scared.

"Taehyung~" Jin whined overcoming his fear, he quickly finished his breakfast and left after warning Jungkook to leave also.

This time Jungkook told Taehyung about the food and water, and also warned him not to starve himself again. Taehyung nodded as an obedient child and Jungkook left with a heavy heart, not actually ready to leave the cute boy alone.