18: Distant

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was sitting on the farthest corner of the couch while Jungkook was just stealing glances over his figure. He sighed disappointedly, finding the other again spacing out with his eyes staring at the floor instead of the tv. 

It's been three weeks, whole three weeks since he was rewarded with an innocent peck by the beautiful merman but after that night, the merman became distant from him... not coming in touch with him specially.

He was talking but never let the human touch himself. It wasn't like he looked physically hurt, in fact, he was getting better and was normal like before, just looked more spaced out than usual, two major differences that Jungkook noticed in this time period.

He even tried to talk with him but every time Taehyung said that everything ok. So, he decided to give him space and time.

In the last few weeks, Taehyung learned more about the human world, he even started to make longer sentences than before, trying to keep himself busy in the new space he had to live in. 

The loud knock on the door caught Jungkook's attention and he sighed again before walking towards the door. It was Sunday, but way more silent than usual days, giving a gloomy aura to the raven-haired. 

"Hi, Jungkook." Jimin greeted him with a small smile and the said male frowned slightly because the blond never talk in such a tone.

"Um.. hey." He looked uncertain when he found his friend entering the place, leaving him at the door. He also closed the door and entered back to see Jimin walking straight towards the merman.

In the last weeks, it was the first time when Jimin came back to see Taehyung and that was quite confusing for Jungkook but he preferred to shrug it off, he had a lot to solve already.

"How are you Taehyung?" Jimin asked the merman who slightly flinched at his voice before smiling a bit.

"I am fine. You?" A proud smile adorned Jungkook's lips, hearing the more proper sentence from Taehyung's mouth, giving his heart a flutter. 

"Wow. You learned to speak well." Jimin chuckled before taking a seat beside Taehyung and merman made the space with a smile but the scene added to Jungkook's curiosity and jealousy as since last weeks, Taehyung never let him sit close to him.. sleeping or cuddling was way far in the question. 

"Where were you?" He asked Jimin who shrugged.

"Busy with work."

"Don't forget that you are the one to give me suggestions for the anniversary." Jungkook frowned when Jimin glared back at him.

"I know my work dude. Don't worry, I made a few designs for your function." Jimin replied flatly before taking out his mobile and showing some ideas to his best friend. Taehyung was silently watching them till after a moment, two friends started bickering and that lead to the cushion fight between the two.

He bit his lips when they wobbled uncontrollably... he was craving the touch of his human..... but he can't do that, at least not after the clear warnings. 

Flashback

The same darkness was spreading and Taehyung saw the same spot again.

"Why are you doing that? Why don't you leave him alone? What's with the curse mark?" He yelled at no one specific, feeling his body shivering.