21: Fine or not

Ignore mistakes, please

Oh ho.. hella long chapter ahead.

Third person P.O.V

Jungkook kept on moving in the bathtub with Taehyung's limp body. He was losing his remaining hope as the time was ticking but Taehyung's body didn't change as it should be.

"Please.. please..please." His voice was getting low and hoarse due to continuous crying and wailing.

He couldn't think much about what to do, when suddenly.. out of nowhere he pressed his lips on Taehyung's forehead.. out of fear?

His tears fell on Taehyung's closed eyes and rolled down to his cheeks due to his tilted position. Soft lips lingered on the dry skin for way too long till a sob left his mouth and he had to part away from the skin.. only to sob more.

"Pl-" His words stuck in his mouth feeling the slight movements under his arms and his droopy eyes finally opened slightly.. a slit enough to see his ocean blue and green lenses.

"Tae? Please wake up. Are you feeling good??" He muttered in pure concern, and Taehyung was trying to understand his surroundings, but the only thing he could predict at the moment was the soft touch and warmth of his human.

A groan left the dried lips of Taehyung when he tried to move but couldn't.. sudden pain in his body stopped him, all very unfamiliar to him.

"Easy hun.. easy. I am here please relax." Jungkook mumbled, his arms scooping the other more closer to his body to share the warmth of his body.

When Taehyung registered the condition, his eyes widened in horror as well.

"T- tail!" He croaked out in fear when his gaze found his limp legs in water instead of his shiny strong tail.

"I-i don't know... it's not- hey! calm down first please." Jungkook panicked again when Taehyung started thrashing in the water. It was all too new for him and now his tail was missing, a part of his body totally missing.

"Calm down, take a deep breath," Jungkook uttered softly after inhaling deeply, tightening his arms around the waist of the other, hands rubbing gently over the skin to produce some possible heat.

"Try to focus on your body hm?" When Taehyung calm down a bit, Jungkook suggested. Taehyung nodded slightly, head feeling so heavy against the chest of the raven-haired, but he complied.

He closed his eyes and just focused on his legs... a shooting pain moved up from his legs to his head and a low scream erupted from his lips, body shaking badly as finally, the skin of his neck split to form gills while the legs replaced with tail with the sickening sound of bones cracking.

Jungkook was overwhelmed by the scene he just saw, kind of relieved that everything seems normal now but more horrified by the way it happened and mostly due to the fact that the merman was still shaking like a dried leaf under his arms.

"It's ok, it's ok hun. You did great, look your tail is back. Your beautiful tail is back." Taking the words of courage, he quickly started and rubbed soothing circles over Taehyung's back but when he felt that wasn't of much help, he again dived down to press his lips over Taehyung's forehead... then his eyes and then his nose.. his lashes brushing over other's cheeks slightly.

"You are so brave, my baby." Jungkook breathed out and felt proud as now other was better than before, hooded eyes looking back at him.

"I- I did that- ag-- again?" Taehyung mumbled, looking so drained out and pale, clenching Jungkook's soft heart so badly.