26: Love or Life

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was stealing glances over the other who was silently preparing the clothes for both of them.

Last night was one of the heaviest ones for the merman. He couldn't even blink for a moment, guilt was eating him up. He just sat there with a little hope to wake up from this nightmare but all of his hopes crashed when the night turned into morning and the person in front of him woke up with a bunny smile.

"Tae? Do you want to roam around? Are you feeling better?" Jungkook softly asked when he saw the merman spacing out, one thing he was doing too much since he came back to his senses. 

"I- fine. You.. ok?" Taehyung ignored the question by him and asked in turn.

Jungkook cocked his brow but smiled before walking straight to the other who was sitting on the bed after having a lecture in the morning for sitting on the floor.

Jungkook sat beside him and stretched his hand to touch the other's cheeks but Taehyung quickly turned his head to the other side to avoid that, of course, Jungkook noticed that and felt a considerable amount of pain from the behavior but he ignored it.

Pulling back his hand to himself, he sighed and started softly.

"You know you can talk to me, bub, don't keep secrets to yourself." Taehyung bit his lips as he felt the human going into distress.

"You are- in pain." Taehyung croaked out in his hoarse voice and Jungkook couldn't help but frown at that. Then he recalled the merman's words he could feel his feelings meant he was feeling what was going on with his mind and body.

Cursing under his breath, he chuckled lightly and shook his head.

"No, I am not. It's just I couldn't sleep the last few days but now I am well." He gave an assuring smile but Taehyung gave him a look of disbelief.

"What? You aren't believing me? That's rude you know." Jungkook pouted and tried to make the other laugh but Taehyung's expression didn't change.

"Oookk! Now you are looking so serious, hun. Don't be like that." Jungkook whined, trying his best to prove his point but little did he know, the merman in front of him was crying tears of blood in his heart. 

Taehyung hung his head low and sighed loudly.

"Why humans.. lie?"

"Hunh?" Jungkook was surprised by the sudden question.

"Why do humans lie? W-why are you lying?" Taehyung breathed out, his eyes shining due to lingering tears, causing Jungkook to feel more surprised.

"Tae?-"

"You are in-pain. You are- lying." Taehyung mumbled, loud enough to be heard by the human.

"I am not-"

"YOU ARE!" Taehyung yelled... TAEHYUNG YELLED?

Jungkook was beyond shocked at the outburst of the brunet. He could see how the merman was shaking and tightening his fists, something very unusual as Taehyung was always very polite, at least in this form when his true form was not there. 

"YOU ARE LYING, YOU ARE IN PAIN JUNGKOOK. STOP LYING TO ME.. I CAN FEEL- I can feel your pain." His voice fell at the end and he ended up covering his face with his palms and letting out a sob.