Chapter 1

Hello! Welcome, if you are new! If you've previously read this story when it was on @LitterLove1899 's account, sorry to tell you, but there have been some minor-major changes in the book. 

If you're one of my regular readers, I know a non-supernatural book is weird, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Anyways, I'm excited to start a new story (even though school is crazy and I'm swamped) and I hope you guys will stick with me throughout this journey. 

As always, please enjoy!

- Foxx

~

My alarm clock went off, making me groan. I blindy reached out, my bare arm being bombarded with the cold air outside of my comforter. I slammed my fist onto my alarm clock, sighing as the beeping stopped. My arm retreated back under the covers, and I curled back up into a cocoon. 

As I was slipping back into sleep, I realized just why I had set the alarm. I had morning classes. Holding in my grievances, I sat up, rubbing my eyes while yawning. A full body shiver shook my body as my bare feet hit the hardwood floor of my bedroom. I didn't want to go to school so early in the morning, when the sun wasn't out to warm up the crisp air. Not that it was much of a difference as it was late October, but it was always chillier in the mornings.  

Sighing, I shuffled to my bathroom. I turned on the lights and started the shower immediately, wanting it to warm up while I used the the bathroom and got my clothes ready. I washed quickly, relishing in the steaming water. I turned on the vent fan, clearing the foggy mirror while I got dried off so I could brush my teeth and and my unruly red hair. Freckles were splattered on my face to go with it. I took after my Irish mother, with short wavy curls of bright ginger framing my round face.

Aging had morphed my blue eyes into something of a light grey. I kept in relatively good shape, not enough to have visible abs, but just enough that I barely had a belly. My growth spurt never hit, so I stayed a whopping 5' 7", not growing at all since the 8th grade. I grew to accept it, and for a while, I liked it. 

But that was when I liked having a daddy that could cuddle me. 

Now I revoked any daddy at all. 

Rinsing my face, I walked out of the bathroom and began getting dressed. I pulled up a pair of black lace boxers, before slipping a plain white tee over my head before putting on a black hoodie with white words in Japanese on top. My favorite pair of high-waisted blue skinnies were pulled on on next, and I had to hop a bit to get them past my hips. 

I put on a pair of white ankle socks before grabbing my phone from the end table and walking out of my room. I went straight to the kitchen, grabbing a granola bar from a cabinet and slipping it into the front pocket of my hoodie - where my phone was - and heading to the front door. I slipped on a pair of high-top black and white Vans before grabbing my messenger bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

Snagging my keys from the hook, I walked out of my apartment and locked the door behind me before setting off to the stairs. My apartment building was set to be like the units in Japan, with each apartment's front door leading outside. Mine was on the second floor, so there as a walkway with a guardrail up until the stairs that led into the parking lot. 

The walk to campus was ten minutes, so I slowly munched on my granola bar while walking, scrolling through a bunch of different apps on my phone. Instagram soon lost my interest, so I switched to my personal library and opening up a book to scroll through while I walked. 

"...lex! Alex! Alestar!" 

Hearing my real name, I looked up, catching sight of my best friend since the fourth grade hurdling toward me. I stopped in front of the front gate to wait for her, an amused smile spreading across my face as I took in her messy appearance.