CHAPTER 3

Deafening silence filled the room as soon as Ahrin dropped those two words. And she is second away from passing out from how Heeseung is looking at her.

"What? " He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I-i'm pregnant." Ahrin repeated, dropping her gaze to her hand that the other let go after hearing those words.

"You're kidding, right? " The man asked with a serious tone. "Is this some kind of a prank? Because if it is, then stop it. It's not funny."

"Yes, I hope I'm just kidding and that this is just a prank but no. I'm serious, Heeseung. "

Heeseung moved on his seat, putting a space between them and Ahrin would be lying if she said that didn't hurt her. That gesture didn't hurt her. Because it did.

"Why are you telling me this? " Heeseung asked in a calm voice making Ahrin flinched by how cold it was.

"Because you're the father." She answered, feeling frustrated from how stupid the other is. Why would she go to him if he's not involved with the child?

Heeseung, on the other side, didn't know what to do nor think. It's just his mind goes blank after hearing those words. He actually isn't surprised from the sudden news since they didn't used any protection. Yes, he clearly remembers that.

Heeseung can't put all the blame on her since they both did it. What they did requires two and it's not like Ahrin initiated it and forced him to do it with her, no. In fact, he remembered it. He remembers how she asked the girl who immediately turned him down but of course, he's Lee Heeseung and no one can resist him.

"Come here." Heeseung reached for the other's hand and pulled her onto his lap.

"Who else knew about this? " He asked, wrapping his hands around the other's small waist.

Ahrin shook her head. "No one. Only you. "

Ahrin is actually glad that Heeseung didn't reject her and their child. Well, that's what she assumed since the man didn't react and told her something that will surely hurt her. And by thinking that, it's as if the heavy weight were lifted up from her shoulder making it easy for her to breath

"Can we keep this a secret then? " The mam asked, guiding Ahrin's head to rest on his shoulder as he gently stroked the girl's soft locks.

Ahrin knew why Heeseung asked her that. Of course it's because of their career.

And Tina.

"But we can't hide this forever. " She said in a matter-of-fact voice, doubting the idea of the other.

"I know, I know. But for now, let's just keep it a secret. Even to the members, yeah? "

Ahrin knew that she is highly disagree but nonetheless, she nodded. This is way better than the man denying her and the baby at all.

Right?

That's why she shifted and make herself more comfortable on the other's lap and buried her head on the crook of his neck, inhaling the manly scent that the man possessed. A smile formed onto her lips as the ache in her heart was now fully forgotten.

Ahrin is happy and contented and of course, a little bit scared about the consequences once their management and the media found out about their mistake and unborn angel.

But those didn't matter at the moment. Everything's going to be alright as long as Heeseung won't leave her side and abandon her. And she's sure of that.

The silence that illuminating the room soon broke as the singer started humming a familiar song while rocking his body back and forth that made Ahrin at ease. The humming soon replaced by the soothing voice of the younger that made the female idol  closed her eyes as she let herself fell on the calming beautiful voice, almost sounds like an angel, of the other.

"I'd spend ten thousand hours, ten thousand more.
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours."

Ahrin smiled as she silently listened to the song Heeseung is singing.

Is that for her? Did he mean those lyrics? At least for her?

She's actually not sure but she hope so. She wanted to believe that the man is singing that song for her. That he meant every words that's leaving his lips as he sang them perfectly. But Ahrin knew better than to believe that.

"Are you still scared? " Heeseung asked as soon as he finished the whole song.

"Huh? " Ahrin leaned back to look at the man with her brow furrowed in confusion.

"You look scared earlier, " Heeseung answered. "That's why I decided to sing that song. For you."

And then it clicked to Ahrin.

Heeseung actually sang that song for her. To make her at ease and not feel uncomfortable nor sad, especially scared. And she is beyond grateful for that. And she can't help but to fell even more.

"I'm better than earlier, thanks to your voice." She replied, followed by a chuckle.

"That means, my voice is beautiful? "

Far more than beautiful. It was angelic.

She nodded. "But don't get it to your head." Then she giggled.

Minutes that turned hours passed by so quickly but neither of them are tired. Even Ahrin who's pregnant as they engaged into this particular topic that made them laugh.

It's been so long since the last time they have this kind of conversation. When was it again? Ahh right. It was before Heeseung decided to date Tina. And since then, it's always been Tina.

All the idol's free time was spent to Tina and Tina alone. Sure they sometimes message each other but staying more than an hour conversing about their life just like what they're doing now is new. It's oddly strange.

And now, Ahrin is beyond thankful that Tina didn't interrupt them yet knowing that Heeseung doesn't have any schedule for today.

It's not like Ahrin hated her bandmate for that. Actually, she understand it since the man is her boyfriend. But Ahrin hope just for tonight, just for this moment, that Tina wouldn't interrupt them.

She hoped.

Because as soon as those thoughts crossed her mind, Heeseung's phone rang, interrupting their conversation.

The man at first, ignored it, thinking that it's just his members wanting him to go back to their dorm but after Ahrin told him to answer it, Heeseung finally reached for his phone and immediately answered it once he saw the caller ID.

Ahrin slid to the couch from Heeseung's lap after the man gently pushed her off him then stood up and left the room without glancing at the girl who is now wearing a sad expression.

It was more than ten minutes before the ither walked back into the living room.

"Who's that? " She asked despite knowing who's the person called.

"Tina." Heeseung hesitantly answered.

She nodded. "What did she say? "

It's not like Ahrin is being nosy or something, she's just genuinely concerned as to why Tina called him at this time.

"She wanted to meet up and I said yes. Besides, I need to talk to her too."

Ahrin didn't want to risk it. She didn't want to disappoint and hurt herself but before she could even realize it, her lips moved on it's own and asked the question that's lingering in her mind.

"Are you going to break up with her? "

Ahrin immediately regretted asking it when Heeseung's expression dropped and was replaced with a cold one.

"Ahrin." He started causing the girl to  flinch in her spot from how cold his voice is.

"I accept the child but that doesn't mean I'm going to end my relationship with Tina. I hope you understand that."

***

A/n:

I wrote this around late 2020s and soon taken down without editing and checking the errors so bear with me if the writing style is quite bad :')