CHAPTER 35

Heeseung is nervous.

So so nervous that he can literally feel his heart beating loudly and abnormally fast. His breath's hitching and he can't help but to get nervous even more that he could even consider passing out right at the moment.

He bit his lips and glance at the woman sitting next to him who's busy on her phone.

Maybe he can still back out? It's not like he doesn't want to meet Ahrin's mother. Truth was, he's excited to finally meet the mother of the woman he will be with for the rest of his life. Though, he can't help but to get nervous. Anxious even.

Maybe he can still tell the other that he's not yet ready even though a part of him wanted to stay and meet her mom right at that moment.

"Love. " Heeseung called the other and Ahrin hummed, glancing to him then back to her phone.

The man frowned from the lack of attention he received.

"Love. " He called again and this time Ahrin looked at him and locked her phone, a sign that he got her full attention and he can't help but to feel proud of himself.

For what?

He doesn't know.

"What? " She asked as she take a sip on her juice.

Heeseung faked a cough. "Maybe today isn't really the time for me to meet your—" Before he could even finish what he was saying, a woman appeared in front of them.

"Sweetheart! "

A wide smile spread on Ahrin's lips as she stood up and hugged the woman. "Mom! "

Oh..

Oh, okay. So it's the right time.

Heeseung nervously smile when the woman's gaze landed to him. "You must be Heeseung? I heard a lot about you. "

"Ahh yes ma'am. I'm glad to finally meet you. " He stood up and bowed her head to the woman who by now let go of Ahrin.

"I'm glad to finally meet you too. " The woman said with a smile on her lips.

The three of them decided to take a seat and order for food whilst conversing. Mostly Ahrin and her mom since Heeseung is silent all the time. He only laugh when the woman tried to embarrass her daughter and nods his head indicating that he's listening.

The lunch is nice and he can't help but to smile whenever he sees Ahrin being a sweet daughter to her mom. It's wonderful to see and feeling that the girl beside him will finally be 'his' forever.

After an hour and so, they bid goodbye to the woman as it's time for Ahrin's check up.

The two got in Heeseung's car and head towards the clinic.

"Your mom was amazing. " He spoke, breaking to comfortable silence between them.

Ahrin smiled and looked at him. "She is, even though sometimes, she's the worst. "

Hearing the other's response, Heeseung can't help but to chuckle. He remembers when the came to Gyeonggi-do then his mother do the same just like what her mother did.

"Why? I like her stories about the 'young Ahrin'. " He replied making the girl roll her eyes.

"Oh please, it's so embarrassing. I don't even know why Moms love to embarrass their children." She complained though the smile never left her lips.

"I agree. " The man agreed, now getting a bit excited to hear her daughter's faint heart beat again.

Okay, maybe he's really, too excited and he can't wait to hear it again.