CHAPTER 36

"Ahrin, please answer me." Heeseung pleaded, eyes not leaving hers.

The latter put down the mug on the coffee table and fully faced the other. "If I say you're the father, would you believe me? "

"Yes." The man instantly, too instant, answered without a second thought, it's like his mouth moved on it's own to answer her question without thinking too much. It's on instinct.

Heeseung would believe whatever Ahrin will say because that's how much he trust her. Never in his life saw her lied. Never heard of her badmouthing other people, never put down others and never tells false information. So he will believe whatever she will going to say because to him, he had known her for years and that is enough for him to believe whatever she will say.

The girl smiled and nodded. "Then you are. " She answered without hesitation. "I wouldn't drag you to this if you are not the father, I wouldn't go to you and tell you that I am carrying your child... " The woman sighed and reached for his hand. "You're not doubting me, do you? "

Hearing this, Heeseung immediately shook his head. "I'm not doubting you." He lied. Truth was, he indeed doubt her because if not, he won't let those words, what his ex told him, got to his mind and go to Ahrin to ask whether he is the father or not.

Ahrin faint a smile. "Thank you for believing."

"Heeseung hyung! "

Heeseung felt a light tap from his thigh, causing him to snap back into reality. "Huh? "

"It's your turn now, pdnim keeps on calling your name but it seems you didn't hear him. Anyway, we'll meet you in the practice room. " With that, Riki left the room along with Jungwon. He sighed and stood up then made his way towards the little room.

Today was the day of their recording for their late b-sides. They started early this morning and up until now, Jungwon were still the one who finished his part. Though, they are already finished recording the chorus.

"We'll start in a second. " The producer across him spoke and Heeseung nodded his head. He inhaled and ready himself.

After an hour and so, he walked out of the recording studio after he bid the producer goodbye and made his way towards the practice room.

Once he get there, a stylist immediately came to him and pulled him to sit on a chair as she did her work. Some stylist goes to his hair and styled it perfectly.

Today, the management asked them to do a live and to interact with engenes as a whole group. They will also sing a song as a thank you for their unconditional love and support.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw some of his co-members sitting on a chair just like him in the corner whilst stylist do their job and some are done and now sitting on the chair in the middle of the room that directors provided.

The scene like this is rather normal than new to him. He's used to this. In fact, when they're still in that survival show, the rushing scene like this, stylist rushing to get their job done, staff scattered around the room doing their job and directors screaming orders, is always everywhere and it's suffocating them. But now, look at how calm everyone is.

Speaking of calm, Heeseung can't help but to smile as the memories of the other day crossed his mind. It was the time where he heard the faint heartbeat of his child for the second time and up until now, the euphoric and unexplainable feeling are still there.

He's excited to meet her, his child. He's excited to carry her in his arms and to show her to the world. Engenes are slowly accepting Ahrin and their child much to his pleasure. Of course, they will going to accept them knowing that those two are the most important people in his life right now. Having them is like having the world because to him, they are his world. As cheesy as it sound, or dramatic as it sound, he can't imagine his life without the two. He can't picture his future without involving the two.

The live went well, with them talking about their success, about the love and support they have been receiving since day one. They also joke around and do a few games and of course, they sing for their fans.

After a while, the live ended and the boys changed to their casual clothes and also removed the little layer of make up. After that, their manager called it a day and told them to go early tomorrow to finish their recording which they immediately agreed.

"Wanna ride with us? " Sunoo asked, whilst attempting to put his arms and wrap it at the older's neck which obviously failed due to their height difference.

Heeseung chuckled and shook his head while reaching for his bag. "I brought my car with me." He answered causing the other to nod his head.

"Okay. "

The others already left leaving Sunoo who were conversing to Heeseung, Sunghoon who is obviously waiting for him, and of course Heeseung who is fixing his bag. Soon enough, they left the practice room and ride down the elevator.

"Heeseung hyung. " Sunghoon nudged the older as soon as they exited the elevator. Heeseung hummed.

"I think someone is waiting for you. " Just as Sunghoon let out those words, as if on cue, Heeseung saw the person he didn't want to meet right now, or tomorrow, or forever, standing not that far from him.

The person smiled when she spot him and started walking towards their direction.

Sunoo scoffed, didn't really like the person who's on her way towards them. Sunghoon nudge the younger.

"You two can go now. I'll just talk to her. " Without being said, the two immediately left him once the person stopped right in front of them.

He sighed. "What do you want? " He did not put an effort to hide the scowl forming on his face.

Though, the woman looked at him with worried expression. "I just want to ask if you're okay. "

"What? "

"I mean, d-did Ahrin tell you the truth? " Tina asked causing the man to poke the inside of his cheeks with his tongue.

"Yeah, she did. " He answered, eyes narrowing. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go home. I have my family waiting for me. "

Heeseung started walking passed her and he didn't stopped even though the girl practically screamed, telling him that she just want him to be happy and okay which he now finds utterly bullshit.

If that's what she want, then she should have at least leave her and Ahrin alone. Or she shouldn't pushed him to the other knowing that he loved her that time. Though, Heeseung is now thankful for that. Thankful for the other for pushing him away and forced him to be with Ahrin because now, he's happy and contented.

Heeseung climbed inside his car and drove towards his condo. It only took a few minutes before he arrived at the said place. He parked the car and made his way towards the entrance and to the elevator, pressing his floor.

He don't get it. Tina pushed him away for Ahrin and now that he is happy, she's ruining it. Why?

Is this some sort of revenge? For the mistake they did behind her back?

Childish, so childish.

Once he got to his floor, he immediately went to his condo and entered the code.

By now, he just want nothing but to cuddle with Ahrin knowing the other will surely chase his stress away and also to calm him down. After all, she is now his medicine. His pill to everything. If he feels stressed, she would make him feel better. If he's tired, she will help him rest. If he's down, she is there to lift him up.

God, how can he just realized recently about his feelings?

A smile formed on his lips as he shook his head. Yeah, he's dumb for not realizing sooner how much he's in love.

The living room and the kitchen is empty so Heeseung assumes the other is in their room. He removed his jacket and placed his bag on the couch as he made his way towards their room.

Only to see Ahrin with another man, lying on the bed.