Chapter 12

" Brandon! " Kaitlyn was running in her pyjamas, her cold feet leaving marks on the ground.

Darkness.

The forest was dark green, watching them as they were chasing their friend.

" Brandon! " Rue shouted.

The boy was running, screaming and gasping for air. He stopped. They all stopped. Miles, Kaitlyn and Rue were at about twenty feet from Brandon. He collapsed on the ground, his hands brued in the ground, growling.

Miles ran but stopped right next to him. He looked back at the girls with his eyes wide open and his face pale.

Rue ran first, followed by Kaitlyn and stopped right next to Brandon whose hands were... black.

His hands were digging in the ground his voice squeaking of pain.

" Rue- some- something's wrong " was all he managed to say.

His eyes were a mix of pain, anger and something else. Something like a black spiderweb was growing on his arms, extending to his shoulders. With each inch, Brandon was shrieking in pain.

His body was sweaty, his pants were ripped.

With one last scream, his hands exploded darkness, filling the air, their lungs, everything.

" Get out of here! " Kaitlyn yelled, and as Rue looked she saw Eleanor, her hair braided and her face just like someone who has been shot.

Brandon was laying on the ground, crying, his arms coiled around his knees.

The forest was black, like a fog made of the night sky.

Miles looked at it and said in a low voice " What the hell is this "

Eleanor approached them and suddenly Brandon's body started shaking, his hands deep down in the mud all over again.

He howled and a blast of darkness hit all of them and they flew in different places, not far from Brandon, but ut hit hard enough.

Rue smashes into a tree and fell on the ground. She couldn't really feel anything, just a whizzing in her ears.

Miles and Kaitlyn were fine so she got up too and ran back to Brandon. Eleanor hadn't been hit by that wave. She was just standing there, looking at him.

And suddenly it started snowing. During... summer.

Eleanor didn't look surprised. Brandon didn't look surprised.

" What is going on? " Kaitlyn whispered. Miles shook his head and continued watching Eleanor and Brandon.

The boy with his hands on the ground, screamed again and stopped. His body collapsed once again.

Eleanor turned her gaze to Rue and faintly smiled.

They dared to come closer and help their friends. Brandon's arms were stil black, a pattern on them. Like a tree bark. It fel just like a tree bark.

It reached just below his sboulders.

" I think we really need to discus this " Miles pointed at the woods. Kaitlyn nodded " Right. And the fact that is just snowed. During summer. "

" I'm good. Thanks for asking. " A hand rose from behind a rock and Harvey appeared, dusting his clothes. He looked at them and said, with worrying eyes " I'm scared " .

Brandon woke up and started gasping for air and grabbing the grass near him  His whole body taking quick breaths that slowly became deep. He looked at Eleanor and nodded, right before saying with a hoarse voice " Thank you " .