Chapter 13

The next morning, the detectives where there, saying they wanted to talk to the kids again.

Miles woke up first and went by Rue's and Kaitlyn's bed to tell them the news.

" What do you mean they are going to question us? " Kaitlyn asked from the bathroom where she was changing. Miles rested his head on the bathroom door " I don't know, I just got the news. "

Rue murmured " Just be calm. Nothung is going to happen " . But she wasn't sure about that.

Miles was wearing a black t-shirt with a half red, half blue shirt on top of it and a pair of black jeans. Rue just put on a red long-sleeved shirt and black trousers while Kaitlyn was wearing a black sweater and grey checkered pants.

Calm

Brandon was already outside, his hair combed. Surprisingly he was wearing a pair of glasses. His hands were normal again. The boy caught Rue staring at his arms and nodded.

Gina Henderson was there. The girl who complained about staying with boys. She had short dark brown hair with the front strays of hair dyed silver and curious green eyes. But her eyes were dancing with pain too. She was wearing a white shirt, unbuttoned at the top, tucked in high-waisted blue jeans, and a black belt. On top of the shirt she had a grey jacket.

Gina walked past them directly towards the detectives, Brandon letting out a low whistle. Kaitlyn started laughing " Really Brandon? Right now? "

He threw his hand towards the girl in frustration " Just look at her! " . Kaitlyn shook her head and greeted Eleanor and Harvey.

Harvey's raven hair was all combed in a middle part, almost symmetrical. All of it with a flowered unbuttoned chemise and striped black pants.

" Harvey it's freezing cold, snd you are wearing a shirt? " Brandon pointed out.
Harvey glanced at his arms and then back at him " A cold won't kill me. Why are you wearing glasses? "

" They just look good on me "
" Right "

Gina was arguing with the detectives and she came back defeated. Brandon grabbed her arm " What did you ask them?" Gina slapped his hand away " None of your concern "

Harvey coughed and Brandon glared at him " Oh come on "

Gina looked at him and said " Fine " a satisfying look growed on Brandon's face " I asked them why are they questioning us again. " Harvey raised a brow " And what did they say "

" That they found new evidence " and then she was gone.

Miles was looking terrified but Brandon patted his back " It's ok guys. They're bluffing "

Rue mouthed " I don't think they are "

They all started arguing and putting their plan together.

Brandon spat out " Just don't say we went on the boat with him. Is it that hard? " Kaitlyn tilted her head " We know, Romeo "

Harvey giggled " Miles, mate are you good? "

Miles threw him a sarcastic look " Brilliant. My friend also have - "

Brandon cut in " Stop right there. What do you mean also ? " Miles's face was pale now. His hands were trembling while he was pinching his pants.

" Nothing. I just meant - " Rue interrupted him " Miles... what happened. "

Sweat was running down his face. " Nothing just... after all... this. I don't really... know " Brandon looked confused " Just spit it out, Miles "