Chapter 20

Brandon didn't know what to do. He was just standing there, next his friends, remembering the murders. Monty's body struggling in his grip, gasping for air, screaming for help. Him stopping fighting and simply let go. Dean being thrown in that tree and then on the ground. The crack banging in his head. The blood on his cheek. He hadn't slept, it was like their ghosts were haunting him, but he didn't care, He remebered that one day at school when Rue stepped on his foot. She had noticed the red stain on his shirt. He had beaten up a kid that day. Without a reason, he just felt like it. But he didn't feel anything. Everyday he was asking himself that question. Why don't I feel things?

We need to get out of here.

'' Let's go in the woods '' he said, trying to smile. They all agreed. On their way, Miles was levitating a few rocks around them, making Gina shudder. She wasn't used to it, yet. Magic buddy evolved, I see. he said to himself. He looked at Rue, who was talking to Harvey. At gina, holding hands with Kiatlyn. Never saw that coming!

He felt a strange feeling inside him. He only feels that when he is about to explode. Brandon tried to stop it, but it kept growing inside him. It was like a tree of lighting. he had to admit that he liked the feeling of it. Power. It felt... infinite.
Brandon went next to Miles so he won't think of his powers anymore.
'' Sup, magic buddy '' he smiled.
Miles's rocks fell and he sighed in dissapointment.
'' Sup ''

Brandon didn't know what to tell him. Miles hated him, of course. He put all of them in this mess. His mess. He only wanted to apologise. '' Sorry. For-for everything. ''
Miles only smiled, didn't say a word. they reached a clear spot. The one with logs. It looked nice before. Now it was like it knew there had been two murders, so it ws feeling sad. And it all looked grey. Miles sat on a loh between Harvey and Rue. Kaitlyn and Gina on a single log, Kaitlyn holding the other girl. Damn, get a room! he thought as he sat on a log next to Harvey.
'' We have gathered here to- '' he started
'' Brandon, we will always have your back. '' they all interrupted him. He stood up and made a low bow and continued.
'' Thanks, but I wanted to say that I want to try the darkness thing again. You know my-my thing. ''
'' Last time you killed someone '' Gina resisted.
'' But I was angry with him. And I love all of you '' he made some puppy eyes '' so I would never hurt you ''
'' You hurt me '' Miles rose his hand.
'' I would never kill you, then '' Brandon gestured so he would put his hand down.
'' Ok, fine '' Eleanor agreed.

The boy pointed at her, giving the others an example of a good answer and then closed his eyes. He felt that tree again. Darkness started flowing through his veins. It was cold but warm at the same time. Lighting started pouring from his eyes, he could feel it. So he opened his eyes. He had never felt that good in his entire life. Brandon could see all of his friends very clearly. Harvey was swearing and Miles was looking terrified at him. Why are they so scared? So he let the darkness flow from his fingers. It was a relief. He smiled and he let it consume him.

He heard Rue screaming. What did I do now?

He didn't see the trees anymore. It was only them, in a sphere of obsidian black. He could feel their fear, it was filling the air. Kaitlyn was yelling at him to stop but he didn't want to. Brandon looked around and everyone was fine. Why were they screaming at him? Miles was just standing there, petrified. Not screaming. Just... silent.

Harvey was holding Rue behind him, protecting her. Brandon looked at his hands, they were black and his veins looked like blue lighting. Oh, that's cool. He didn't want his friends to be scared of him. So he tried to make the darnkess obey him. He ordered it to withdraw. It hurt. And it hurt so much. He gave a yelp, like a cry for help. Why does it hurt so damn much? .It felt like a thousand knives were being pludged in his palms. Brandon looked at his hands again and they weren't black anymore. Just lighting flowing through his veins. It burn, but it was bearable. And his eyes were still full of lighting, but he liked those. 

Camp Redwood ( book one )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें