Chapter 17

'' Rue, wake up, damn it! '' a male voice was heard through the cabin
The girl opened her eyes and saw Lucas and Dean staying at each site of her bunk. What do they want?
'' What '' she groaned, rubbing her eyes. Lucas had a suspicious look on his face and bowed his head towrds Dean who grinned in return.

'' Why are you smiling? '' she asked them.
'' Good question. Also, why are you guys awake? '' a sleepy voice, the bunk on top of hers. Miles. She could hear him pulling his sheets on his head.
Kailtyn was up too, yawning. '' Dean, Lucas, out. ''
Dean halted '' I just got rejected by Gina. Henderson. '' Rue laughed '' You can't use that as an excuse, you know ''

Lucas threw her a meaningful glare, she shrugged and apologised sarcastically with her eyes.
'' So I thought '' continued Dean '' We should go out. No Gina '' . Kaitlyn closed her eyes and said '' I think we should invite her, so you get used to it ''
What the bloody hell? Rue looked at Kaitlyn whose eyes were still closed, but she was smiling.

Lucas gave Dean a playfull shove '' She's right mate. '' his friend sighed and agreed. The boys left and let the three of them change. It was cold outside so Rue got a turtle neck black jumper and black high-waisted pants. Kaitlyn was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with a grey t-shirt on top of it, and blue large jeans. As for Miles, he was wearing a white t-shirt and a multicolor chemise over it, with cuffed black pants. Dean and Lucas were already waiting for them. Lucas had his black hair braided again and Dean's hair was combed in one side.

Rue could bet Miles was cold now. The wind was blowing hard and there was no sunshine. Just grey, sad clouds, covering the blue sky. Dean went to Gina's cabin and after a few minutes, they saw her coming, Brandon and Dean right behind her. Gina was wearing a black top and a light-brown jacket and pants of the same color.

And Brandon... it looked like the very structure of his body had changed. He wasn't wearing his usual rich fancy clothes. Just a black hoodie and black pants. She had never seen him wearing these. He didn't have any rings so his veiny hand was fully visible, and his hair was messy. It looked like he didn't even try to make it look nice.
'' So where are we going? '' Rue heard such excitement in Brandon's raspy voice.
'' I'm tired, let's do something chill '' Gina said with an air of superiority.

Dean scratched the back of his neck and said '' Sure, chill. That's cool. Totally. Cool... yep ''
Kaitlyn chuckled '' Dean, honey, are you alright? ''
'' I'm cool ''

They all lost it, and started laughing. Rue wanted to ask if Harvey is coming but she didn't really care so she kept her mouth shut. They wandered through the campsite until they found a spot near the lake, grass and flowers... just like a picnic from an 80s movie. It would have been nice if it hadn't been such an awful weather but they couldn't change it so they tried to be grateful for it. If only Eleanor was here. She could change the weather.

Gina was sitting on the grass, her ankles crossed. Lucas was whispering something to Dean but the boy wouldn't listen. He was looking at Gina who seemed to have forgotten what happened the other day. And maybe he didn't know if that was good and bad. Rue heard some people saying that he cried for hours. Some said that he just went to sleep and the others said that he didn't care. Rue was sure he didn't fit the last category. While the not-so-relaxing atmosphere was filling the air, Brandon decided to make everyone feel better.

'' How about we do something. Too much weird stuff happening here ''
Kaitlyn nodded '' I agree. This is getting kinda weird. ''

Gina turned her head, her tanned skin a little pale now '' And what do you suggest ''
Miles shrugged ''I can do magic tricks ''
Gina looked interested '' Oh, can you now? ''
Brandon glared at her '' Of course he can. ''