▪︎Ballroom. (Levi x Reader)

im thinking about making a neko! Levi x Reader next, I love familiars. also this is based like 1600s-1800s, and is written that way
----

The corset that stole my breath was tight as I felt Hanji's cold hands pull the lace, tightening it ever so harshly around my waist
"By the walls! Hanji, dear, please be easy!" They scoffed and pulled the felt together, thus ending my grumbles.
Tonight the regiment would host the finest of balls, the Scout Gala. The ball room would be decorated to the most detailed of touches, down to every last part. It was a gorgeous thing, and I had no date. Unlike anyone, I had no one. Betwixt the mischief of my rather lengthy days, I had never fondled the bond of love. It became a pest in work, and no one had shown an interest in me.

Hanji had written down eligible bachelors of many kind on a small sheet, leaving it to me when they exited the room.
Shifting my eyes over to the list, I looked at it, many men were available this year. Nearly ever did I have a date, but this year, I wanted to fancy a man. Our commander seemed attractive, strong, and well-off. Although, he was in the higher archy, and probably very difficult to achieve as a love interest.
Keeping my eyes glued to the list, a name caught my eyes. Captain Levi Ackerman of the Levi Squad. I had seen him round, before yes- I recall. He is a man of short stature, with ebony hair, and the attitude of a raven. He would force the new recruits to clean, but he would also do it himself, telling me he enjoyed it. Along with all of this, I had to order out hundreds of bags of black tea each shipment. Hanji had always told me it was for their opposing captain, that must have been this man.
----

By the end of noon I had gotten ready, completely. Instead of a corset, I had traded for a tight red gown, I thought it befit my arse well. Then, my hair was let down, and my makeup light. I wanted to look lavash and let my natural beauty shine, how else would I swoon a man like Levi?
From the training I had a tighter stomach, meaning I felt decent enough to go without the prison of a ballgown. This wasn't exactly informal, most women didn't do it because they felt they were not pretty enough. I, however, do not care.

Looking at myself in the mirror, my eyes flooded along every inch of my figure. My natural beauty shines out, the dress complemented my figure well, and the shoes did the dress what a ballgown could never have done.
The outfit was themed red according to the dress code of the ball, which was red and white.

Now exciting my chambers, I found myself travelling to Levi's office. To my knowledge, he probably wasn't going. I would hope that I can change his mind, though.
Letting myself up to his door, I lightly tapped. As I did, I heard a grumble. Perhaps Levi was not the bachelor for me, if he could not stand to be a gentlemen.

"Please, come in." His voice was deep, burly almost. My gut wrenched opening the door, and stepping into it's frame.
"Captain Levi?" I asked, watching his nimble hands work quickly on the paperwork below him. He then stopped, looking up to me.
Seeing me, his breath audibly caught, causing him to dive into a deep blush. He then looked back down, covering it with his dark hair. I giggled a little and came closer to his desk, my heels clicking lightly.

"W-what is it, cadet?" His words were softer than before. I smiled and sat down, seeing he was a rather shy man compared to his stoic rumors. I had pitty for him, he seems much nicer.
"Well, I was wondering if you would escort me tonight?" I tried my absolute best to muster a sweet voice, as to not scare him away.

"No." His stern voice was back, but his head was still down. Frowning, I looked out of the window, then back to the man. "But why? You are eligible, as am I." My voice had matched his. He looked up to me, the immediately jerked his head back down.
"Even if I were to go, I would have nothing to wear." I scoffed, "Do you not own a suit?"