▪︎° It's Only Dirt! (Levi x Reader)

i loved the idea for this one sm, I thought of it while waiting on my dad in the store LMFAO
----

The paper work that sat on my desk was piled high, making me sigh. I hated this part. Captain is all responsibility and no fun, which I really hated sometimes.
I sat down, pulling out a pencil and starting on the first thick stack from our mission last week.

It took about an hour before a large, heavy knock rested on my door. I had been startled, stirring in its wake.
"Come in!" I sang, sitting the pencil aside for a change. The cadet that stepped in was Sasha, who accordingly saluted to me with a piece of bread between her lips.
I sighed, "What is it?"

She let her guard down and took the bread out, "We need you on the training field immediately, in a hurry!" She then turned to leave, gesturing for my to follow.
I did so, quickly picking up to match her pace. What could be this important, as to interrupt her captain on a paper work day to come out into the field?

We started running faster outside, her taking my hand so I could follow her every way she took.
Finally once we arrived, all cadets were surrounding something. They all were gossiping and crowded, talking to one and other.

"Back up and do it now!" I yelled loudly, letting my presence be known. They all did so, revealing my fiance in the middle of the pile. I gasped seeing his knees and hands covered in dirt, his face locked on the ground.
Quickly I ran to him, crouching down to his level. "Go to the mess hall and sit there, quiet." My voice was stern, hard.

They all did so, still gossiping. My eyes returning to Levi hurriedly. "Levi, are you okay?" I asked, touching his shoulder gently.
His breath was heavy, eyes open wide. I nodded into the silence, "Let's go."

Taking his hand I lifted him away from the dirt, swiftly covering him with my cape and taking him back up to his office.
Once there I sat him onto the wooden chair, as to not dirty his sofa. He seemed spaced out, looking away.
"Levi, I'm going to need you to talk to me. Here," I spoke, attaching my palm to his face. By then I felt wetness, tears on his face.

I took him into a warm hug, holding his tears into my neck. He attached his hands to my waist, holding onto me with a death grip.
"Levi, it's okay, would you like to change and take a bath?" He only nodded into me, making me hold him and take him to the bathroom. Once there I undressed him, turning on the hot water.

I tried to comfort him once he got in, washing him sweetly, massaging his scalp. He leaned into me, still blank.
I left him alone to change, when I returned he was sitting on the edge of the bed, eyes blank. I sighed, walking up to him and taking his hands into my own.

I hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry. I've embarrassed myself, wasted your time, and I've been j-" I shushed him with a small kiss, holding him. "It's only dirt. This doesn't define you."

He was silent. Yet, hugged me back tightly. I knew what he meant without words, smiling into his raven hair.