° My Forever. (Neko! Levi x God! Reader)

if you havent heard of kamisama kiss, you should definitely watch it- this is definitely based on it. also, neko = cat, if you hadn't known!
----

"Will you chose to contract a familiar deal with me, now that you, a human, have been made a God?" A thick, hateful voice spoke into the abyss of the shadows. I thought for only a moment, peering back to my run down shine- then once more to the dark.

"I do."
With that, a nimble hand forged around my warm face. I could feel nails, yet, the skin was soft. My eyes had been closed from fear, I wouldn't find pleasure in making a deal with a yokai.

Then, in an instant, soft lips met my own, and the contact had been sealed.

That fateful day had been 3 years ago. My contact with the legend yokai, Levi Ackerman, had stayed sealed. We became rather close as we took care of the shrine together, and this year would be out first festival to celebrate our shrine in decades.

Previously before me, Levi had a master; but he abandoned him, leaving Levi alone. In what seemed like fate, I became a God, and Levi was distant for a lengthy period of time. Although, catching him staring at me wasn't foreign, nor was him telling me how important I am.
I marked it off as it being his dedication to me as a God, although in the past few days, he has requested to sleep along side me in my bed.

Now, this would sound weird, if Levi's form wasn't anything but a cat.

Bursting out of my thought bubble, I let my mind drift into the darkness of my room, my hand making it's way behind Levi's ear. He purred along as I groomed, letting me know he enjoyed the small touch.
Tomorrow was the festival. Weeks in preperation had been long. My dress was prepared, as was my dace; which Levi had taught me. In all honesty I'm shocked he still wanted to sleep with me. Everytime we would get close he'd tense up, and exist the situation. As his mistress, this was alarming.

Aside, I fell asleep to his purrs.

Waking up, Levi had already gone out, per usual. He liked to make breakfast. I sighed, stretched, then went into the hallway. Once there I saw Levi making pancakes. The sight made me smile. When cooking, he unconsciously rolled his hips back and forth.

"Hi, Levi!" I spoke, plopping down to the table. He jittered a little, then turned to me, "Hello (F/N), did you sleep well?" Sitting our breakfast down, I began to dig in, nodding to him.
"This is so good!" I complimented, causing his face to flush red. We sat comfortably until it was time for myself to get ready.

When putting the beautiful layers of dress on, all types of fabrics bunching to make one beautiful gown, I looked at myself in my mirror.
"Oh, Levi! I need your opinion!" Breathlessly, I hurled into the hallway. Levi stared at me, cup in hand, stopping at the brink of his mouth. His eyes widened and pulled away. "Y-yes, what would that be?"

"Do I look okay?" I rang, spinning once. When we made eye contact again, he looked away.
"You look better than okay, mistress. Yet, there's something missing; give me a moment, please." With that he dissapeared into his room. Then, he came back, a slender box in hand.

Opening the box, a hair pin was revealed. It was beautiful a long, containing a single flower on the end. I tensed when his hands effortlessly guided into my hair, bunching it up and pinning it with the beautiful piece. When he touched me, my heart fluttered.
Once more he stepped back to look at me.

"You look stunning, (F/N), let's finish getting ready"

After about 2 hours, and a lot of trying, the festival was open. Yokai of many came, familiar bound or not. Then there were other shrine owners, other humans, and my friends; whom cheered me on as I walked the stage to perform.

I pulled the sacred bells from the veil of my dress, extending my arm. The crowd was watching me in awe, clapping as I shook the bells. Turning around and effortless completing the ancient dress, something around me felt warm. Butterflies had swarmed me as I cocooned into the dance.

By the end of the festival I had been wished many fortunes and promised many worshippers. We had cleaned up accordingly and were down sitting on the edge of the dock, sipping sake Levi had made.

"What did you think of my performance? Erwin said it was beautiful!" I spoke knowing Erwin was a flirty, yet manly yokai, a threat to Levi.
He scoffed and tensed up, looking beyond. "I thought," As he began, my eye widened- waiting.

"It was gorgeous." He coldly spoke, sipping once more. I quickly did a happy dance and nudged him. "I got you to say it! Oh, happy day!" He watched as I danced a little, then caught my eye contact back up.

He stared deeply into my eyes, the gleam of his own tugging at my soul.
"Mistress (F/N)?" He asked, still looking at me. I nodded, assuring he was okay.

"May I seal our contact once more?" In utter confusion I looked up to him, cocking an eyebrow. Our contact had been sealed for years now. He only looked down with a face of content.
Then, he put his hand on my chin; leading my own lips to his. He kissed me, but it wasn't like the first time. It felt like he wanted, no, needed to. Like if he hadn't, the world would have shattered.

He pulled away, pushing our foreheads softly together. I touched my nose with his for a moment before he pulled me closer to him, my head lying on his shoulder.

"I made a vow to never fall for a human," He spoke, petting my hair softly. "How foolish I was to think I could have kept it after meeting you."