*29*

Moonbyul's POV

       I took a deep breath as one of my servants fixed my tie. Tonight is the night. There is no turning back . I have to stop being a coward and break this damn agreement once and for all. 

       I looked at my pocket watch to read the time. 7:55 pm. The party starts at 8pm. I took a final glance at myself in the mirror , making sure everything is in place and then head out towards the ballroom hall. 

   These past few days have been hectic . To be honest, the last time I saw Dior was days ago when we were in an argument . I was so busy with preparations for the ball and my coronation plan that I didn't even have time to visit her . I also heard her mother didn't make it. I really really want to visit her but Isabella wouldn't even leave me alone for even just a second either. 

    I sighed. I missed her. I looked out as the beautiful full moon peeked through the window. I pressed my lips together , anxious about what could happen after this night. Will I be with Dior?

  "A penny for your thoughts , You're highness?" Mina spoke behind me. I looked at her and smiled. "Just nervous. I hate people." she chuckled at my statement. 

  "You never change My moon child. " she said amused. 

"You must get used to it.  So, Are you ready Your Highness?" My lip twitched at how she's addressing me on purpose. I used to get mad and annoyed at them calling me that but now... Somehow, I have grown to accept the fact that I am the only heir to the throne and just get used to how people around call me. 

  "I'm ready." I whispered as we stood by the door and the trumpets suddenly started playing from the other room. 

   "Allow me to present her Royal Highness, Princess Moonbyul of Moon Clan." I heard Fenix announced from the other room as people started cheering and applauding. The double door opened and I immediately saw many people from  different villages and clans and other noble people I am quite familiar of. They all curtsied upon seeing me. I could say the whole ballroom was packed which somehow made me happy because they could at least enjoy the night and I was able to share the fine things noble people get to experience at parties. 

  "Greetings good friends, I am delighted to welcome you here this evening. It brings me great joy that I am able to unite clans and villages through this very special event. I am hoping the party is fit for your liking. Please enjoy the night." They applauded once again.

   They all look exquisite and I could hardly tell which are noble or not. I immediately spotted Miss Mina and Fenix also in a fancy attire with all of my servants and butlers looking fancy . I also spotted Isabella in the crowd with his 90 year old father in  wheel chair. 

  I also saw my friends grinning at me as they clapped their hands

  I also saw my friends grinning at me as they clapped their hands. I immediately made my way to my fancy looking friends and gave them a hug.