*31*

Dior's POV

I looked up at the beautiful full moon as I hummed a tune to invade the quiet surrounding and played at one of the flowers I picked on the way here.

Tonight is the full moon. But I'm supposed to meet Byul here. But... She's not coming...

Did she forget about it? Or did she not want to talk to me anymore? I looked back at long dark path I took to get here but still... There's no light coming this way. No figure... Nothing. Maybe... She didn't want me anymore. But I have to make it up to her.

She has done so many good things and experiences with me and I am very grateful I did it with her on my side. I have to let this off my chest and thank her for everything before I let her go and just accept that marriage is for the better of the Moon Clan. I realized that with me in the picture, it only make things difficult for everybody.

This may be hard but acceptance is the only way for me to move on. What scares me the most is that I might only be the reason for her downfall.

Byul-ah... Where are you....

My thoughts were interrupted when a vision appeared before me.

An arrow ... An arrow piercing right on Byul...

"Sh*t!" I quickly got up from my sit and ran back towards the dark path leading the palace, leaving my shoes behind.

"No... This can't be happening!" I whispered as I tried picking up my pace.

I have to warn everybody about this! That is the last thing I want to happen to her.

I was loosing my breath and my feet were hurting by now. I didn't mind my gown is now covered in dirt no matter how many times I tripped. I'm sorry Miss Solar. I'll make it up to you for ruining your gown, I promise.

I breathe out in complete relief when the roof of the palace can be seen despite of the long trees covering over it. I have to warn Fenix and Mina, No- Everyone! I have to warn everyone.

I looked at the surroundings in horror when I arrived at the gate of the palace, the once clear and clean green grounds were now covered with so many dead bodies! B-But where's Byul?!

My heart raced upon not seeing her anywhere. For the first time in my life, I wasn't scared of my life. I was scared for Byul.

BYUL'S POV

"I SAID STOP!!" I growled as I pin her on the floor with all my might and climbed on top of her to stop her from doing anything stupid.

"No! I'm supposed to be Queen! I wanted you! Is it bad to want you?! I promised we could rule the kingdom together in peace! I'm supposed to be the one for you but that was taken away from me!" she screamed as she tried to push me away.

"Look around you!! Does this make you happy when you don't get what you want?! Do you enjoy making war with the people you love just for your own selfishness?! Is that how you show love?! Huh?! Answer me! A lot of people died tonight because of your own selfishness! Do you even know that?!"

"I don't understand... I tried so hard to fit for your liking! To fit for your standard so you'll love me just like how I loved you! I changed myself to be perfect for you!"

"That's the problem! You're trying so hard! To the point you forget yourself who you really are! How am I supposed to fall in love when I'm not looking at the real Isabella!" her eyes soften at my statement.

"Look... Your a very nice girl. I swear, I tried liking you but I just can't. Why can't you accept it? You even bothered fighting with me when you clearly know you'll only get hurt in the end! Think about it, will you?! If you'd ever marry me, I know I won't be able to make you happy and treat you how you deserve to be treated in the first place."

"Stop lying to me!" she yelled back.

"I'm not lying to you! Please... Stop this. You're just a girl blinded with love that wasn't really there. Don't get me wrong. I like you.. but not in a way how you wanted. Why worry about that only person who didn't love you like how you deserve to be loved when you literally have a whole line of guys coming after you because you're elegant, amazing and pretty. I happen to be paired with an oracle. I'm meant to meet and I've never been any less happier when I'm with her.

"Why do you always say that?! I don't believe in the Moon Goddess! There's no proof that sh*t exists!" she screamed stubbornly and covered her ears.

"I'm the proof Isabella."

"No! You're lying! "

"Please.. Stop thi-"

"No! Not until I have the crown!" she objected and punched on my chest in frustration as her tears fell from her face. I quickly grabbed her arm and kissed her on the lip to shut her up.

"Please... I'm begging you... Let me live my life in peace." This time, a tear slipped down my cheek. I've never begged aside from Dior in my entire life before. I just want to experience what freedom is like.

"I want to give you a chance to experience what love really is... But you can only feel it with people that are meant for you and it's not me."

"Love...." she whispered and looked down as if she thought about it for a second.

"Yes Isabella, lo-"

"Watch out!!" I heard Solar scream behind me and without another second, it was only then that I noticed that an arrow was flying mid-air right at me. With my special vision, I was able to identify what it is.... I-Is that a B-black rose arrow?!

"Byul-ah!!" everything went blank . It all is happening so fast and before I could even react ,

I collapsed on the floor....