Chapter Eight

-·=»『 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑 』«=·-

Lilith flashed a smile at Grian as he suddenly found himself having to dodge her dangerously close attacks. When he took out his own to defend himself, Lilith seemed to have deliberately allowed Grian to land a hit, causing her to stumble as she backed up in a false panic.

"Lilith!" Iskall yelled, Lilith gave Grian a smirk as she hid her sword and curled up into a ball, beginning to shake as she scooted away from Grian who was stunned in fear; his grip on the sword tightened as she saw Iskall's face fall looking at Lilith.

"Grian what did you do?" Iskall looked at Grian in confusion, as Stress rushed to Lilith, helping her up. Grian, still stunned in shock, spluttered out a mess of words; as he could hear Xavion cussing like a sailor. How he wished he could get Grian out of this situation.

"That was a bit rude," Lilith mumbles.

Iskall and Stress gave Grian a disappointed look, making Lilith smirk at this.

"Grian, that was not nice," Stress says in a stern tone, gently helping Lilith up. Grian just looked down, he could not utter a single word no matter how hard he tried. The sky darkened as it started to drizzle, Stress sighs and left first to bring Lilith to her base.

"Hey Grian, that ain't cool. I get that she appeared out of nowhere, try to be more welcoming? She is protecting us from the rogue watcher after all," Iskall softly says, this was not like Grian, but he only knew him for a week or so; thus conflicted on where Grian's moral stands but knew not to jump to conclusions yet.

Grian stayed silent as Iskall sighs, he patted Grian's shoulder lightly and took his leave. Grian slumped by the shulker boxes as the rain became heavier, a series of thunder could be heard booming loudly.

He shook his head, trying to look on the bright side as he returned to his hobbit-hole, his sweater soaked with the rain but quickly dried the moment he entered. Server magic. 'This would only happen once, right?' Grian thinks to himself as he unstraps the straps of the elytra, letting it gently fall onto the ground with a clank.

'Oh how naive that would be,' Grian bitterly chuckles to himself, catching an anxious look from Xavion.

"I hope you do realise I can read your thoughts Gri," Xavion blurted out without thinking. Grian shrugged, he had nothing to hide from Xavion, he was good at looking past people's facades and breaking past them with his brutally honest tendencies. Reading thoughts was not surprising to Grian.

Grian laid in bed, shifting uncomfortably at the pain he had in his abdomen. Xavion eyes widened as he asked Grian to lift his sweater, which he did reluctantly, showing a watermelon-sized purple burn.

"Wait, how-" Grian says in disbelief until he realised that it was when she tried to knee him in the abdomen.

"She is more powerful than I thought, she made a nasty burn," Xavion mumbles as he placed his hands on the burn, slowly trying to heal it.

"Could you speed it up?" Grian voice strained as he hissed at the pain. Xavion shook his head slowly.

"If I do, I may make the burn worse. I have to overpower the Watcher magic to heal the burn, and if I do it too fast, I am risking making the burn more painful and harder the next time to heal it with magic," Xavion explains, the burn was now a lighter shade of purple as the size slowly shrunk.

Grian nods in understanding, heaving a sigh of exhaustion as his safe space of a server was no-longer safe. She was here.

Xisuma looked through the server chat, scrolling through to see something unsettling that seems to pop up in the conversations. This has been going on for too long, and it seems that the complaints are not getting better. He really hoped it was just a spur of a moment kind of situation.