Prologue

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.
__________________________________________________________

I'm Melanie Malfoy. Sound familiar? No? Didn't think so. I'm the best kept secret of the famous Malfoy family, and here's my story.

I'm not the most interesting girl on the planet but my story is definitely one that turns heads. I'm 16 and am the twin sister of Draco Malfoy.

When Draco and I were 11 years old, we both received our Hogwarts letters. It was one of the most exciting days of my life. Well, that is until my father ripped up my letter. I remember going and crying to mother for hours after that. By then, nothing could be done about it.

So, I guess this is where my story begins. Draco went off to Hogwarts and got to live the best life, while I was stuck at home in our huge mansion. Sounds great to some people I guess, but this was my prison. Father never let me out of there. He was ashamed of me, no idea why, he just was. It was when I was 14 that I finally found out.

Draco was in his fourth year at school now and was sending me these amazing letters about the Triwizard Tournament and all the events going on in Hogwarts. Father didn't know about the letters and I knew that if he ever found out, I would have hell to pay, but he couldn't stop me from talking to my brother.

Mother was always supportive of mine and Draco's close relationship but father tried to discourage it. Mother was homeschooling me still and I was desperate to find out why he wouldn't look at me. Every time I asked mother she just told me: 'Don't worry darling, you're just being paranoid. Of course he loves you'. So I gave up.

It was at the end of the year, a week before Draco was due to come home from school, that the Dark Lord returned. My family, well my father, was a loyal follower and wasted no time in going back to his side.

However, when he got home, he had a new sense of pride around him, one I could remember from being young again. Some other death eaters were by his side and he was sneering at me. He avoided me again for the next year but mother still wouldn't tell me why he hated me. Sounds harsh right? But its completely true.

Finally, when it was close to the end of Draco's fifth year, when the Battle of the Department of Mysteries happened. The Dark Lord was found to have come back and my father was locked in Azkaban, which led to his secret being found out.

I was 'different' to the other Malfoys. I took after my mother in my personality but I looked practically identical to Draco (apart from the fact I was a girl). I was the caring one in the family. The one that didn't like the idea about being around the Dark Lord but wasn't scared to say something to mother or Draco. Not one of the Death Eaters liked that. The Dark Lord found out from my auntie as well and the Dark Lord came to me personally. 'What happened?' you ask. Well my punishment was only the start...

_____________________________________

Hey! Hope you guys like the first chapter in the fanfic. Been waiting for ages to put this chapter up but had loads of revsion, but its hereeee! :) Anyway hope you enjoy! if you do remember to vote and comment and maybe even fan? :)
C x

*Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes, had to type this up on my phone*