Opening Note

I want to start this fanfiction off with two notes. Please be sure to read them as they are important to the content of this story.

Note 1

This fanfiction contains some content that may be unsettling to readers. Graphic description of crime scenes and mental health issues will be a common theme with Behind the Badge. Please consider this your warning before you proceed.

Note 2

My parents were both in law enforcement while I was growing up. As a result, I saw firsthand the mental and physical strains law enforcement deal with on a daily basis. It is not a job you can leave at the office, and can often have a negative impact on families. This fanfiction is designed to show the strains law enforcement officers face from an informed point of view.

Because this is a story designed to bring attention to mental health in  law enforcement, please refrain from derogatory comments such as "ACAB" and "F--- the police." This isn't Reddit or Twitter, I ask you to please have some respect for others opinions. 

I hope you all enjoy Behind the Badge, this fanfic has special meaning for me. Thank you all so much for reading, I couldn't do this without all of you amazing deviants. 

xoxo,

Avia Rein