Chapter 3 - The Brothers

I hear loud chatter and laughing coming down the hall as I sit in the lounge watching tv

"Emilia what's this we hear you are getting married?" Asked my older brother Joseph followed in by my two younger brothers Luca and Anthony.

"Congrats, who's the unlucky guy?" Luca says as he throws himself on the sofa next to me. 

"No seriously though who is the man that is going to take our sister?"

by this point the three of them are staring at me waiting for me to speak.

"It's Lorenzo Martello," I say while not taking my eyes off the TV.

"Are you fucking joking?" Joseph shouts

"He is a psychopath" shouts Luca

"You can't marry him Emilia" Anthony chimes in too.

The shouting lasts for a few minutes before they burn themselves out.

"You know I have no choice, a request was made and I accepted, end of discussion" I say with little to no emotion.

Why waste my time fighting something that I can not change, duty came knocking on my door and I opened it - its done.

"I am meeting him tonight at the fundraiser. Will you guys be coming too?" I ask looking at each of their worried and angry faces

"Of course" says Joseph "We won't let you enter hell alone" he kissed me on the top of my head and walked out.

I heard him knock on my father's office and the door slam behind him, probably off to plead my case, a futile attempt but appreciated nevertheless. 

The other two left but went to their own rooms. They have a role in the Familia but as Joseph is the oldest Son and heir he has more weight in the Familia and Empire, for his time will come when he will be Don.

They will accept it in time. I am their only sister they love me and will protect me until the day they die, to be honest probably even after they die in some kind of spirit form.

I find it hard to focus on the TV, I feel nervous and apprehensive about marrying a man I don't know much about, but my brothers seem to, psycho was chucked out there by one of them which is not comforting.

I make my way up our large staircase and turn right at the top and make my way to my bedroom. 

I look through my walk in wardrobe trying to decide what dress to wear to the fundraiser when there is a knock at my door.

"Come in" I call

"It's just me Emilia" sweet Anthony the youngest of my three brothers only 16. 

His hair is the colour of chocolate and floppy with a curl to it. He is getting older, his chest and shoulders are broader, he is taller and his voice is becoming deeper. I can see he is trying to keep up with the other two at the Training Camp and it is showing in him.

"I am worried about you Emilia, this guy is not right for you"

"Anthony, don't worry about me I will be okay" I try to reassure him and myself

"I don't think you get it he's an actual fucking psychopath"

"You're being dramatic, I am sure he is fine" I lie to myself

"Well he fucking isn't, haven't you heard the stories about him? he is ruthless, killing to him is like a sport, he has been know to torture people for days, he breaks necks with his bare hands and doesn't think twice. He is always seen with a different girl at every occasion, he owns half the fucking strip clubs in town and no doubt has fucked every stripper in the city! He is brutal Emilia! He is cold and aggressive. If he hurts you I swear to god I will kill him with my bare hands" I can see his anger boiling at the thought of me being in danger.

Well shit! why the fuck do I get stuck with the fucking crazy one? Trying not to show any fear or concern as not to worry my brother further I pause and look through my dresses.

"Anthony, I love you and I know you will protect me if and that being the key word here IF I need you too, I promise you I will be okay, I can handle myself you know that! hell I taught you half of what you know, BUT if i ever need you I promise I will call you okay?" I turned and gave my best reassuring it's all going to be okay smile.

He reluctantly agreed and left my room.

Time flew by so quickly by the time I had showered and picked out my outfit and got ready it was 7pm time to go. 

A little insight into Lorenzo for you. Don't worry you will meet him in the next chapter...