Chapter 10 - The Ball

Fuck Lorenzo he doesn't own me. I am not his property. I will stay outside and sunbathe by the pool for as long as I like. But it is four thirty and I need to get ready. Fuck sake!! I make my way back to my room after a failed attempt at defiance.

I make my way down the hall I can hear banging and things smashing coming from the room a few doors down. What the fuck is that? Just then a man exits the room quickly and I see a mess! glasses smashed, things broken and Lorenzo sitting in a chair behind a desk smoking, he catches my eye and stares at me. I make my way back to my room, I won't run in fear from him.

A few moments later there is a knock at the door

"Miss Emilia, I have your charger"

Ahh finally!! I run to the door so pleased it is here, it arrives on the last day typical! I hope it was genuinely issues with stock and nothing else.

"thank you Marco, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You are welcome Miss Emilia" he smiles and walks away.

I run to put my phone on charge, while it charges I have a shower.

Yes! 35%. That will do. I quickly call my Father.

"Emilia, my daughter, Lorenzo told us you were going to Sicily, are you well? Are you safe?" I can hear the hope in my father's voice I pause

"Bella tell me you are okay?" he now sounds concerned at my lack of response.

Hearing his voice reminds me why I am doing this, why I agreed to this, if the council falls it will mean war for all families and with war comes death.

"I am fine Papa, it's lovely here" I avoid speaking of Lorenzo "I have a ball to go to tonight, I am just getting ready"

"Ahh Bella that reminds me of when I met your mother. Our first meeting was at a ball, this was after our mothers arranged for us to be married, I fell in love with you mother at first sight-"

wow well that won't be happening for me.. Mine and Lorenzo's first meeting was far from love at first sight.

"-anyway Emilia I will let you get ready, I am sure you will be beautiful, I love you! Remember you are strong, I would not raise you to be weak"

"I love you too Papa".

It's like he knew I needed to hear something like that. I hang up the phone and looked at the dresses hanging in the wardrobe I picked out two; one black and one red.

The black was simple and understated, the red was vibrant, revealing and sexy, it has a v-neck that ended at the base of my breasts, it has a low back that stopped half way down my spine. There was also a slit that went up to the top of my thigh. I stood there in my bra and thong staring at them going back and forth trying to decide. I was leaning more towards the black, the red might be too revealing, when there was a knock at the door

"Just a second" I shouted frantically searching for my dressing gown - not that it would help it was black and see-through. Just as I got my second arm in the door behind me opened

"I said give me a second" I shouted while turning around to see him standing there.

He was wearing grey suit trousers and a grey waistcoat, his arms in his white shirt looked strong and firm, he had a holster over his waist coat with a gun there. His hair was down with its natural beach waves, it looked messy but styled. Fuck!! My body longed for him. When he realised how exposed I was he shut the door behind him quickly

"Trying to decide what to wear?" he asked as he slowly walked towards me, his voice deep and raspy.

"Yes" I said abruptly.