Chapter 15 - The Debt to be Paid

I woke up to shouting coming from a few doors down, it was in Italian and I was half asleep but it didn't sound like Lorenzo, it took me a few moments to realise... it was his father. I wonder if it is about last night.

I'm still pissed with Lorenzo so whatever shit he's getting from his father I want no part in it. I feel stupid I thought he liked me but no I am just another woman to him. Not even worthy enough to stay in his bed, like a fucking whore.

I pull on my shorts. It's so hot in here this morning and I threw on a little t-shirt and headed out of my room to get some coffee. As I walk down the hallway the shouting gets louder and I hear my name being mentioned.

I walk past the office door which is open I see Lorenzo standing with his back to the door, he has his gun down the back of his waistband and his hands crossed at the wrist resting below it. His father was standing there behind Lorenzo's desk shouting at him. He sees me as I walk past the door. There is hatred in his eyes.

"All for this whore" he shouts and nods in my direction.

Lorenzo quickly turns his head and sees me standing there; he looks so angry.

"Just some fucking piece of ass!, you fucked our deal for her?!" his father spat

Lorenzo's jaw tightened, his fist clenched behind his back and he took a deep breath.

Not all fathers are like mine. I knew this but I had never seen it. In this moment I pitied Lorenzo, his father is a vile and disgusting human. Men must respect their fathers which means that speaking against them is forbidden, it is understood their time will come and until then they can not question their father, their Don.

"To keep them on side I had to give them our FUCKING share to compensate for Don Barteli's Son! You shot his fucking hand and broke his wrist! all because of this fucking bitch" his fathers voice bellowed from across the room. 

Lorenzo closed his eyes. I could see him taking in deep breaths - I may be angry with him but this scolding is tipping him over the edge, his jaw is clenched so tightly I fear he will break his teeth.

I don't care what his father is saying about me, his opinion of me means nothing but this is clearly hard for Lorenzo to hear but his father keeps going

"Was her pussy worth it? Was it worth 12 million? Pussy that expensive must be fucking good" his fathers voice is making my skin crawl, a disgusting smile creeps across his face as he looks me up and down like a dog to a bone.

Lorenzo snaps his head around to face his father. His hands move to grab the handle of his gun at his back. I quickly run to him.

Son's have been beaten to within an inch of their lives for arguing against their father, I can only imagine the punishment for pulling a gun. I put my hands against his arms, before he can withdraw his gun, he looks back at me and his jaw begins to slowly unclench.

"Don Martello" I say stepping to the side of Lorenzo trying to sound firm even though his father both terrifies and disgusts me.

"I apologise for the events which took place last night, I can assure you nothing like this will happen again. I am to be Lorenzo's wife, I caused this so please allow me to cover your losses, 12 million was it?" I have the money to cover it and end this.

A sickening smile spreads across his father's face, the thought of money clearly appeased him.

"You may have some use after all" he smirks.

I turn and walk out the door heading back to my room, the sooner we leave this place the better.

I start to pack my bags. I miss my family and can't wait to get home and see them. How did Lorenzo grow up with a father like this? I feel sorry for him.

I put my music on and try to gather all my stuff from the floor, shit its fucking everywhere! how have I made this room so fucking messy? I am half way through when there is a knock at my door, before I have the chance to respond it opens. I glance up and see it's Lorenzo. I get back to picking up my stuff.

"What do you want Lorenzo?" I ask him, still irritated with how he dismissed me last night.

He comes in closing the door behind him.

"Why did you do that?" he snaps

"Look I'm still pissed at you for last night, but you didn't deserve that, I was there I had a role to play -"

"No why did you grab my arm?" he interrupted

"To stop you shooting your dad you fucking idiot!" i said as I kept throwing my things onto the bed near my bag.

"Why? He fucking deserved it, instead you gave him what he fucking wanted!" He growled at me

I stopped what I was doing and stared at him in disbelief of what he has just said

"You're fucking welcome! ughh! Just fuck off Lorenzo"

It's all got too much. I can feel the tears building through frustration and annoyance, don't cry, don't cry, please do not cry. I beg myself not while he is here, I turn around to look out the window.

I hear his shoes on the hard floor coming towards me, each step is making me feel more on edge

He places his arms around my waist

"go away" I sigh

"I am sorry" he whispers in my ear

"Can this be real? Don Lorenzo apologising?" I ask trying not to let any tears fall

"I am sorry you stopped me from shooting that Fucking Fico in between the eyes" he said with such venom.

My body goes cold. He withdrew his hands from my waist and left slamming my door behind him. Then the tears came like a damn that had burst.