Chapter 8 - The Estate

Another silent journey - Lorenzo is still preoccupied this time on a different phone, some conversations are in English other are in Italian. I piece together what I can but nothing makes much sense. I don't know enough about this family to fully understand, not yet at least, if I am to be Lorenzo's wife I will need to know everything to sit at the Head of the Martello Council.

We drive for around an hour until finally we reach a mansion in the rolling hills. It is beautiful. We get out of the car and I can instantly feel the heat from the sun on my face, I close my eyes and tilt my head to the sky feeling the warmth, I feel relaxed.

As I bring my head down I can see Lorenzo holds out his hand pointing me in the direction of the house

"after you" he says his voice is so deep it makes my hair stand on end.

We walk into an amazing foyer. It feels so cool compared to outside, there is a large staircase in front of me. Lorenzo holds his arm out again and nods in the direction of the stairs. I slowly walk up them taking in the beautiful paintings on the walls. I get to the top of the stairs and he leads me down the corridor and stops at one of the large wooden doors

"this is your room"

I open the doors and it takes my breath away. It is bright, with double doors leading onto a balcony with tables and chairs. The view is incredible. Beside the huge bed there are two bunches of blush pink peonies, these are my favourite flowers, my father would always bring me them home whenever he had been away, coincidental that they are here. 

The room is big enough to fit my room in at home at least 3 times. I begin to explore, there is a walk in wardrobe to my surprise it is full of clothes, I turn back to Lorenzo

"there are clothes in here, are you sure this is my room?" I ask

"yes" he said as he rolled up his sleeves revealing the tattoos on his arms...it sends tingles through me, he might be an arsehole but my god he is good looking.

"I asked the staff to fill it with clothes, there will be occasions I will need you to accompany me to these are the clothes you will wear-"

"Don Lorenzo" I hear a voice call from outside the room

"your father wishes to speak to you" he nods and the guard walks away

"Tonight dinner will be at 8 in the estate, come down when you are ready" he turns and shuts the door behind him.

Well that was nice of him to get me all these clothes. I can't hide my excitement as I begin to look at the clothes and the dresses, each one more beautiful than the next. I pick one out for dinner tonight. It's nice but more casual if we will just be at the estate, I chose a navy midi dress that will hug my body where I want it too.

I look at the time it's 6:30 I decide to go and get showered hopefully uninterrupted this time.

8 o'clock comes around and I am ready for dinner. God I don't want to have to deal with his father this evening. I hope I will not have to sit near him at the table, it will take all my strength not to stab him in the eye with a fork! I make my way down the stairs and Lorenzo is standing at the bottom waiting for me.

He is in black suit trousers and a black shirt with the top few buttons open revealing his tattooed chest. His hair is up in a knot. Fuck he looks good. I notice the tattoo on his neck is of a feather. He watches me as I walk down the stairs, not taking his eyes off me looking at me like I am something to eat. - why does he do this, he pays me no attention but looks at me like a piece of prime fillet steak. I know it's lust in his eyes nothing more.