Chapter 27 - The Dress Shop

We pull up the the dress shop just in time, Johnny jumps out of the car first and opens my door

"Miss Tradelli" he nods at me - I already miss Marco but he is where he needs to be and I would never dream to have it any other way.

"Thank you Johnny"

I head into the shop and am greeted by the manager Joanna

"Miss Emilia" she has a huge smile on her face, she shakes my hand warmly, wrapping both hands around mine.

"Oh you must be so excited! Are you looking forward to tomorrow?"

"Yes, very excited"

If I am completely honest I feel a bit sick with nerves, not because I am marrying Enzo strangely enough I have never felt more certain of anything in my life, but tomorrow is not just my wedding, tomorrow is the day that we take everything from his father, so many lives are being put at risk, if it pays off it will be the biggest move made in history and if not.. Well if not I may never see him again.

It feels like a knife to the heart for a moment my heart breaks and it hurts, it physically hurts. I have never experienced heartbreak before like a real heart break, I have had boyfriends in the past but they could not compare to this, not in a million years. The thought of losing him brings a tear to my eye.

"Oh my dear!" Joanna see's the tears forming "darling, you really love him don't you?" she asks beaming with a smile

"I do, I really fucking do" I cant hold it back any more a tear slowly slides down my cheek. Joanna runs to grab a tissue.

"Take your time my dear, take all the time you need. I will go and get your dress" she leaves out the door at the back of the shop which leads to the fitting area.

I turn around to look at the beautiful dresses, I see Johnny standing there like a rabbit caught in headlights, it makes me chuckle.

"Johnny" I call to him making him jump

"Ah yes, yes Miss Tradelli"

"Why don't you wait at the coffee shop over the road, you look petrified of the dresses" I laugh

"But Don Martello, told me not to leave your side not even for a second" he says I can see the fear of what would happen should he disobey Lorenzo.

"I understand Johnny but I am about to go to the dressing rooms, I will be taking my clothes off and putting on my wedding dress, now I don't think that Don Martello will like it very much if you are back there watching me get undressed do you? I say raising my eyebrows to him, cocking my head to the side, smiling.

"Ermm no, I would never-"

"I know you wouldn't Johnny which is why I am telling you to go across the street and grab a cup of coffee, I don't know how long this will take. Grab one for the others too, it's cold outside and the poor guys look freezing. I will be fine. It is just me and Joanna here, if it makes you feel better you can grab me one, that way if Don Martello says anything I will tell him I was craving an Iced coffee and that I demanded you get me one, okay?"

"Oh okay" he says reluctantly and leaves the shop.

"Miss Emilia, are you ready?" Joanna calls from behind a door at the back of the store in the dressing area.

"Yes, I am coming" I shout and head down towards where she was calling me from.

As I walk in I see Joanna tied to a chair with a gun to her head, there is a fear in her eyes that begs for me to save her, FUCK!!!

I can sense someone behind me, I glance and see a tall man blocking the door that I just came through, that's one plus the man with the gun pointed at poor Joanna that makes two. I don't have a weapon but I can bet the guy behind me has at least one, if I am quick enough -- I feel a blow to my head then darkness.

I feel myself coming round when I am lifted by one of the guys, it's blurry and I am disorientated, I see Joanna has been gagged she's crying but alive!

"Shall we kill her?" the one with the gun asks. Joanna tries to scream but it's muffled by the fabric in her mouth.

"NO!" the one holding me said, I am trying desperately to bring myself back to some kind of strength to get away "He said just bring her, if you shoot it will draw attention we have her now we take her to him"

I find the strength to thrust myself upwards trying to get free but it is to no avail, I am too delirious and concussed.

"Strong little bitch aren't you" the guy holding me laughs holding me so tightly it hurts. "Come on, out the back" he says to the other man, nodding to the emergency exit.

Everything is still so blurry trying to focus is making my head hurt and the lights in the shop are so bright. We exit through the back door to the alleyway outside, it's overcast so I am not squinting as hard. As we walk away from the shop I see one of the guards who came with me slumped on the floor, oh my god please don't be dead I pray as I am thrown into the back of a van.

I hear the ignition start, the wheels screech as the van pulls away

"We have her, we will be with you soon" I hear one of the guys say, I don't hear a response so I assume he is talking to someone on the phone.

Where the fuck am i going? Who the fuck are they taking me to? I fumble around trying to feel for something I can use as a weapon when they open the doors, but there is nothing, it is empty! Shit

I feel around in my pockets for my phone, if I have it I can text Enzo and tell him I need him. FUCK!! My pockets are empty I must have left it in my handbag, which is in the fucking fitting room! My head is pounding. I have no idea what is going on, I try my hardest to stay awake but I can't.