Chapter 32 - Lorenzo

I have a plan, I need to get to the back room on the second floor, where the CCTV monitors are giving a clear view of who is coming. If it was me that would be the room I would take a hostage too.

You can see everything from that room. That is where he will be. The fucking pig, I can't wait to rip him apart with my bare hands - if he has laid one finger on her, he will wish for death, he will feel unimaginable pain as I tear him limb from limb.

I draw in a deep breath as I reach the main entrance, to focus. I push any thoughts of imagining what has been done to Emilia out of my mind, - the only thing that matters now is that I find her, even if I die as long as she is safe I don't care, I would die a thousand times for her to be safe.

I know there will be men immediately on the other side of this door, I just don't know how many. I reach into my pockets and pull out a grenade which each hand, I'm ready. I feel anger coursing through my veins, each beat of my heart firing the hatred and rage around my body.

I pop the pins from the grenades and rip open one of the doors, I duck down anticipating gun fire and slide both grenades across the floor with all my might. The door swings closed and I hear the blast. I grab both of the Uzi's and head in, it smells like burning flesh, I see dismembered body parts and blood on the all over the floor and walls, there are even pieces hanging from the ceiling.

I shoot multiple bullets into every man I see, one after another after another leaving a massacre of bullet ridden bodies in my wake. I don't stop until the magazines are empty, when they are I discard the empty guns, they are dead weight. I know I have been hit by a couple of their bullets in my vest, but I don't feel it. I have too much adrenaline pumping through me to feel anything.

I know I am getting closer. I just need to make it up the stairs, she will be at the end of the corridor.

I hold onto one of the shotguns as I reach the door to the staircase. I blast a hole in it and hear a body hit the floor. Each man I kill brings me closer to her. I reach for my glock, two guns are better than one and I don't know how many could be on the staircase.

I slowly accent the stairs, suddenly a guy comes out of nowhere he goes to shoot but his gun is jammed. He looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. I feel my jaw tighten and a smile spread over my lips as I lift the sawn off to his head and pull the trigger.

I kill 3 more men before I reach the door at the top of the stairs. Men will be standing outside the door, I need to move fast. I holster my glock and let the shotgun hang on its strap across my chest. I reach into my pockets retrieving the last two grenades, I pull the pins and wait a second before opening the door, I slide the grenades along the floor and wait, I stick my fingers in my ears to protect them from the deafening blast.

I pull out to glocks and slowly make my way into the corridor. There is no blood, no body parts there is nothing, somethings wrong where the fuck are the men? I slowly make my way down the corridor. There are doors either side of me leading to the main door - where she is. Thoughts of her bombard my brain, i move quicker to get to her faster, I am only a few feet away when I hear doors open behind me FUCK!! I feel a sharp crack on my head and I hit the floor.

                                                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I can feel light beaming through my closed eyelids, I move my arm and hear metal scrape against concrete. My whole body aches, I know this feeling. There has only been one other time in my life when I felt like this. It was when I was around 17, when my father made his men beat me during training, I almost died. He wanted me to know how it felt, so I would be strong and would never let it happen again. That was probably the only useful thing he has given me.