Chapter 7 - The Plane

The whole car journey I sit in silence, Lorenzo is switching between texting, emailing and calling. He could not be less interested in me. It is like I don't exist, hopes of a loving marriage are slowly slipping away from me, this is a marriage of necessity. I am a placeholder, nothing more and I was a fool to ever hope for more.

We finally arrive at a private air strip, Lorenzo gets out of the car and heads over to another one parked by the private jet. I can see the back of a man Lorenzo is talking to. He is shorter and not big but I can not see their face. The door opens beside me and it makes me jump

"Sorry Miss Emilia, I didn't mean to scare you" the guard from earlier. He is a big guy! His head is shaved, he has a couple of scars on his face. He is a little bit terrifying.

"that's okay....? Sorry I didn't get your name?"

"It's Marco" he smiles at me

"Hi Marco" I say as I smile back at him, he seems like a gentle giant and surprisingly more approachable than Lorenzo.

I start to get out of the car, underestimating how high the car is I slip. Marco's hand quickly grabs my arm to keep me steady

"woah that was close" I say laughing "Thank you -"

"Marco" I hear Lorenzo's voice bellow as he walks towards us.

Marco quickly takes his hand from me. Lorenzo gets close to him inches away from his face

"do not touch her" he says through gritted teeth

"He was just helping me I nearly-" I try to explain but he doesn't seem to listen and cuts me off

"Touch her again and you will lose your hand" 

He is in a foul mood. He glanced at me before walking away towards the plane. As I look over I could see the man Lorenzo was speaking to before it was his father, that guy gives me the creeps.

I really hope his father isn't... oh well there is my answer he's boarding the plane. I decide before I step foot on the plane I am sitting nowhere near him.

I turn to look at Marco

"I'm sorry"

Feeling bad that he has been scolded for only trying to help. Marco nods, picks up my bag and holds his hand out ushering me towards the plane.

Lorenzo takes his seat followed by a few of his men and his father. Great there is a seat at the back, I will sit there away as far as I can from them. They all look me up and down as I make my way to the back of the plane, some of Lorenzo's men make comments in Italian, I don't know exactly what was said but the look Lorenzo gave them, he did not like. They quickly stopped talking.

Marco sat towards the back but far enough away that I couldn't talk to him. Great another journey in silence for me then.

Is this my life now? Am i just an object to be moved from place to place? I miss my family already.

The plane took off and we were in the air, two stewardesses came from behind the curtain, they were stunning! both petite, with long blonde hair, their uniform was tight like real tight. I looked down at myself in leggings and a hoodie, what a treat for the eyes I must be.

The girls began to pour the men drinks. A couple of them were handsy! the girls must be used to it as they giggled along to the comments the men made.

"Don Lorenzo, Whisky?" one of the girls said as she poured him a whisky, leaning over him, her breasts right there in his face, he looked over to me and smirked - that was the first time I had seen any kind facial expression on him. So this is how it will be? Him fucking different women and me stuck alone? with mistresses? This is not the life I want.

As the men continued to drink and talk, his father stood up and made his way down the aisle and sat in the chair that faced me.

"So Emilia, what do you think?" he asked

"What do I think of what, Don Riccardo?"

"My Son, My empire?"

"Your Son I barely know and from what I understand you have amassed a great empire" I said hoping that by being polite he would leave, I could tell he was a little drunk

"You see-" he said "-all of this, everything and everyone will one day be my Son's" he had a look on his face that made me cringe, he slowly leaned in towards me

"but it is not that day, so everything he has-" he slowly moved his hand and put it on my leg "-is MINE"

Where the fuck is Lorenzo now? he flipped his shit at Marco for helping me our of a car and his dad is fucking touching my leg! I look over but he is too engrossed in what is happening at the table to look up.

"Do you understand what I am saying Emilia? Since my wife died I crave things things that no amount of violence or money can fill" his voice was sickening

His hand was rubbing back and forth on my thigh. It made me feel physically sick - every fibre of my being wanted to punch him in the dick but I knew that would not end well for me.

I knew his father's reputation, he was worse than Lorenzo. He was a brute, he cared for nothing and no one only his empire, he killed his closest friends to reach his station, he was known to use women and kill them after he was evil. He winked at me and slowly stood up

"I look forward to spending more time with you Emilia" he grabbed my hand and kissed it. It made my skin crawl.

I quickly got up and went to the bathroom, running the taps to wash away the vile feeling of his lips on my skin. Fuck sake Lorenzo you worry about your men with me when the only threat here is your father, you fucking idiot!

At this point i cant help but question does he care about me? the way he reacts would indicate he does Or am I just a possession to him? something for him to own? We have barely spoken to each other, sometimes I feel like he looks at me like I am an inconvenience. FUCK!! what am I doing here!

All I hope for now is that his father stays the fuck away from me while we are here.

I go back to my seat Lorenzo watches me as I sit down. It's like his eyes are burning into my skin. I make myself comfortable as he looks away. I am tired and try to get some sleep before we arrive.

I am awoken by Lorenzo, he gently touches my shoulder

"Emilia... Emilia we have arrived" I wake up startled as for a few moments I forget where I am he looks concerned

"Its okay" he says "come we are going to my estate"