Chapter 9 - The Brief Break

It's the next morning after the disaster of a dinner last night with Lorenzo, god he is such a fucking dick, I lay on my bed and stare out to the beautiful view and there is a knock at the door

"Miss Emilia-"

Marco! My charger, I jump out of bed and run to the door

"Good morning Marco"

"Good Morning Miss Emilia, I have been able to find a store in town that can order your charger, they were out of stock so are ordering one in it should arrive in a day or two" my face drops

"I am sorry Miss Emilia one of the perks of being on an island distribution issues"

"Thank you Marco" I feel my heart sink

"You are welcome" he says then walks down the hall.

My stomach starts to rumble and I need coffee. It's so warm I don't bother putting on a jumper. I head downstairs in my silk cami and shorts, coffee! coffee! coffee! I think over and over as I try to find the kitchen.

On my way I walked into the dining room. Shit maybe I should have put a jumper on! I forgot we are not here alone. His father was sitting at the head of the large wooden table, his eyes staring at me disgustingly. Lorenzo sat at the other head of the table with his back to me. His father's face breaks into a disgustingly creepy smile, one of the men sitting at the table wolf whistles causing others to laugh.

I slowly back away when Lorenzo's head turns to see me he fiercely pushes his plate off the table onto the floor

"for fuck sake" he mutters through gritted teeth, silence falls over the table and the men get back to their food but his father does not stop staring. Lorenzo gets up

"where the fuck are your clothes?" he demands as he quickly ushers me out of the room back towards the stairs

"these are my clothes" I snap

"these are not clothes. FUCK! you would not go out in public in this so why do you come to the table with my father and team here wearing just this" 

I notice he keeps looking me up and down he can not take his eyes off my body.

"I forgot we were not here alone" i say a little embarrassed 

"Well remember next time" he snaps "now go and put some clothes on, I will have Loretta bring you food and coffee, I will be out for the day, I have things to attend to on the mainland. Now go and get dressed"

I made my way back up the stairs, I felt like a child being disciplined by her father. But as I ascended the steps I could feel his eyes burning into my body. Before I get to my bedroom door I hear something slam against a table downstairs and a man lets out a scream. Fuck! I don't want to imagine what Lorenzo has done to the guard who whistled at me. 

Two days and two nights passed, with no Lorenzo or his Father which I am thankful for but why am I here? Why did he bring me? we haven't seen each other since the other morning. I haven't heard from him at all since he left. I didn't need to come, we leave tomorrow and I have spent more time with the staff than him. 

There is still no sign of my phone charger, not that I mind, even without a phone it is nice here. The weather is bliss, I have spent my days lazing by the pool. One of the staff has an ipad, I was able to get my e-books on it so I have spent my time sunbathing by the pool, reading and swimming. Another day of that for me. Might as well enjoy my last day here.

I make my way down to the pool greeting the staff as I see them. They all are so kind and friendly, well apart from Sofia the waitress from the first night, any time she sees me I get a death stare.

It is so peaceful here. I love laying by the pool feeling the sun on my skin.... or at least I could, even with my eyes closed I can tell the sun has gone. I slowly open my eyes and see Lorenzo standing above me staring at me in my bikini, he looks mad, his hair is up again. I love it when his hair is up. He's is wearing a dark green t-shirt which highlights how tanned he is - he has clearly been enjoying the sun.

"Don Lorenzo, I thought you forgot about me" I say sarcastically smiling. 

"I don't like people looking at you" he came around and threw me a towel by this point I had enough I haven't seen or spoken to him in days and this is how he greets me? I don't think so.

"well I really don't give a shit what you like, I haven't seen you for two days, you brought me here for god only knows what fucking reason, to leave me alone this whole time"

He doesn't give me a reason why I am here instead his jaw tightens and his fist clench, he pulls out a cigarette and took a long hard drag

"There is a ball tonight, be ready for 6" he said and walked away.

I know he is mad but that is the most entertainment I have had in days, if he wants to bring me here and leave me by myself then fuck him, I will not be a wife that does not speak.