Chapter 2: Party (Rewritten)

My feet ached. They really did. I had to walk home: Walk. Do you know how much effort? Self preparation that takes.
Well I should be grateful that I didn't have to walk everyday but my house was a bit far from the school.
My sister had decided to take my car leaving me car-less. I took my house keys out and opened the door. Walking through and quickly locking it behind me, I walked to the kitchen where my mother was, reading a magazine.

"Hello" I said giving her a cheerful smile.

"Summer" mom said not even bothering to look at me, her tone was cold. Well what did I expect? She wasn't the nicest of mothers, especially to me.

"Uh- guess what" I started, I was to happy too be care.

"Summer, I hate guessing just get to the point please, I don't have time" she said.

"Well.. I got a-"

"I'M HOME" My sister called slamming the front door behind her and dropping her bag on the floor. She walked to where I was standing and grinned at my mother. My sister was gorgeous. It was so unfair, but I would never admit that to her face.

Mum out down her magazine and stood up, giving her a warm hug.
Well, thanks mom. Spare my feeling.

"How was school hon?" She asked,

"It was fine. Thanks for asking" I said giving her a wink.
She shot me a irritated glare and looked at my sister.

"It was okay, guess what?" My sister said grinning excitedly to my mother.

"You broke up with Joey? There is new guy at school?" Mum suggested. I thought she said she hated guessing. Stupid favoritism.

"Now, some idiot found a rat in their locker today, it was so funny" Abigail said laughing.

"It wasn't funny" I sound frowning, "it was horrible"

"And the funniest part is.. It was Summers locker!" Abby said laughing more, mother joined her, adding a fake laugh.

"Abby, it wasn't funny" I said frowning even more. I hated my sister and her stupid evil cackle as well.

"Summer don't interrupt your sister!" Mother said.

"WHAT? She wasn't even talking in fact I was talking to you about something and she rudely interrupted me! It's so unfair-"

"I don't care" mother said looking at Abigail, "tell me more" she said as they walked to the living room.

I stormed upstairs, I was beyond mad, yeah I got the message a long time ago that my parents like My siblings more that me but it wasn't fair.

Richard and Abby were able to be rude to me but I couldn't do anything to them or else I got into trouble, I sat on my bed frowning. My sisters dog came in and licked my foot.

I giggle, sliding down my bed and rubbing his back, he licked my face and I laughed. It was originally my sisters dog but I took ownership of it when it was to big to fit in my sisters handbag and he started peeing in her bag. She literally disowned it so I took the responsibility as my own. I found him doing that doggy cry, I decided to give it food before I took it to the vet, he was just hungry. He ate two plates of dog food and three bowls of water.

I also changed his name from Fluffy to Maximus.

He was a golden retriever, a slow growing one too. That's why I guess Abby liked him. He could fit in her bag....that's was for a month. Then he began growing fast and catching up to other dogs his age.

Maximus was only turning one in a month. I already bought him a new toy and some dog biscuits. When I had asked my mother for a dog she said I wasn't responsible enough yet she gave my brother a hamster and a cat and you can guess what happened to the hamster.