Chapter 2

Have you ever felt happy one minute and then someone tells you news that changes your mood from happy to sad or scared? Well that's what happened to me the day I found out about the coronavirus, a virus that started infecting for the first time, back in November of 2019, had became bad enough that it could send everyone out of school.

It all started on a March afternoon. The sun was out and the sky was a beautiful blue. Flowers had started to bloom. Around my house the main ones that bloom are dandelions and sunflowers. Unfortunately for me that means allergies because of my pollen allergy. The grass was a lushes green color. As I'm walking down the path after being dropped off from the bus that day, I looked around at my surroundings and breathe in some of the fresh spring air- then sneeze because of the pollen. Once I get home, I put my book bag up, sit on the end of the couch, and play with the family dog Smokey. My mom and grandma were watching the news. Normally I'm not a big fan of the news, but something told me to watch today, so I leaned back on the couch and watched.

The news lady said something about a coronavirus. I read a lot, so I know a lot about different diseases, but I had only heard of the virus once or twice in the health books I had read. I listened more. The news lady kept talking about the virus. According to her, the virus started infecting people in China and could move over to the US. Some of the symptoms were coughing, vomiting, headaches, confusion, trouble breathing, and/or persistent pain or pressure in the chest. The worst part about all of it was there was no cure! Since the virus was on the other side of the world, I didn't give much thought to it. Besides I had my lucky broppy bracelet. It's a bracelet I made out pf pink, blue and purple elastics. A Poppy charm was on a pink elastic and a Branch charm was on a blue elastic.

A/N: Here's a picture of it. Yes I did make that. I used the elastics from a set I got at Walmart. The charms came from a Trolls World Tour jewelry set I got from Walmart.

Since I considered it my lucky bracelet, I was sure it would stop the virus from reaching the US. After I saw the news, I went in my parents room to watch TV. This shouldn't be to bad right? I thought. Nevertheless I decided to search up more about it when I get to school tomorrow.

*The Next Day*

I walk into school the next day, unaware of the surprise waiting for me. I sit next to Ambrosia and Lily. I open up my chromebook to read more about the virus. That's when I spot someone familiar. A boy I just happened to know. I felt my heart skip a beat. I tried not to look at him and pretended I was looking at something on my chromebook. Ambrosia noticed. "Is he your crush?" She asked with that knowing tone of hers. "What makes you think that?" I asked her in my most innocent tone. She obvious didn't buy it. "Don't play dumb with me." She said."I saw they way you looked at him."

"How could you tell?" I asked innocently. "Maybe I was looking at Broppy pictures." She raised an eyebrow at me. I groaned. "Fine you win! Just don't tell anyone! Okay?"
She thought for a moment. "Okay."

"Thank you-" she held up her finger. I stopped talking. I knew this would have a catch. "I won't tell anyone besides Lily on one condition." I look at her. "If I do what?" I ask her. "If you talk to him today or tomorrow." I groan. "Fine." She smiles victoriously. "Cool! We'll try it out on our break time today."

Great! How in the world am I suppose to focus today with that on my mind?! I continued on with my day anyway. In health we did a quizzes game and I did fine with that. In band I relaxed a bit because of the music. We're still working on our Carowinds performance. This April we're suppose to go there and perform. That would be my second Carowinds trip. I went there for the first time in 7th grade. In math I sent a quick g-mail to Amy because she wanted to know what was wrong with me and we couldn't talk. In ELA I zoned out more than I usually do when the teacher talks about essays.

Then came lunch. I didn't eat then because he was standing in the line and Ambrosia said to talk to him on our outside break. So, I sat at our table until my friends got their lunches at sat down with me. Ambrosia sat across from me. She looked at me for a moment. "Why didn't you get anything to eat?"

"I'm not that hungry." I lied. The truth was I was starving. I didn't eat breakfast that morning at school. I knew I could wait till I got home though. Ambrosia didn't know this. So I was sure she would let it go. She looked at me curiously. "Your almost always hungry." Dang it! I forgot she did know that. How could I lie to get out of this? I give in because I'm out of excuses. "Fine! You win again! I'm just nervous." She looked at me. "Oh!" She realized. We kept talking for the rest of lunch, until we got dismissed for break. "Yayyyy! I've been waiting all day for this!" I say with sarcasm. We get outside and I follow Ambrosia and Lily. They tell me to go. I refuse, so Lily took my school ID and ran with it! I knew what she was doing, but I needed my ID back, so I followed her. Eventually she did give it back, but by the time she did our break ended and we had to go back inside for 5th period.

In 5th period the teacher was giving us a vocabulary sheet to complete. We're suppose to use the glossary at the back of text books to find the definitions. About halfway through doing the sheet, the teacher's phone rang. I had an early dismissal. I got to my family's car and told them about my crush being back. Little did I know that today Friday, March 13, 2019 would be the last time I would ever get to see my friends for a long time.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed that 1,119 word long chapter that I worked on yesterday and finished up today!😀😁😆 So its 7:00pm where I'm at right now! I would have finished this sooner, but we had company over today! Anyway...Gotta Go!! BYE!!

EsmeraldTheBroppyShipper!!