Chapter 13

"Okay everybody! All of you can go back to your homes and pack for the trip." Poppy told us. We looked at each other confused. "What trip?"

"The trip to find my mom." She told us. We all nodded and started walking to our homes to pack everything. I obviously called Journey and told her everything, so she started packing. Obviously I told Adventure he could come too. Ocean is going to be so mad! I can't wait to see his face!! After I finished packing, I told Poppy we could a meet at the buildings. She agreed, called everyone, and told them to do that.

I got started early because I wanted to go see Sunny and her family. After all I promised her I would tell her everything. I looked around to make sure no one was watching me and ran into the forest. I continued running until I got to the rocks and vines. I carefully moved the vines and walked in the meadow. I looked around for Sunny once I got in. "Esmerald over here!" I look over and see Sunny talking an playing with her siblings and fawn I saw before. Sunny was waving me over.

"Hey Esmerald!" She told me. "This is one of our new friends Serenity." Serenity seemed a little startled when she saw me. Sunny flew up to her head and whispered something to her. Serenity nodded and Sunny stayed up on her head. "Hi." I told her. "Hi." She whispered. I saw another deer fawn walking over to us. "Hi name's Roscoe!" He said. "I'm her twin brother."

"Hi!" I told him. We hung around and talked for a while. I took a little bit, but Serenity started coming out of shell and she started talking more. Of course I explained everything to Sunny, just like I told her I would. "I still don't get why I can't go." Sunny groaned as I stood up to leave. Her mother swooped down from the tree to Sunny and her siblings. "Well for thing you too little and it would be too dangerous." She told her. Sunny crossed her wings. "You'd also miss us and your new friends. Furthermore if you went and someone saw you they could follow you back here and, if their bad, could destroy our home."

Sunny still didn't look too happy, but she also looked like she understood what her mother was trying to tell her. I gave Sunny a little walkie talkie. "If you need someone to talk to, just radio me." I told her. We hugged each other and I got up to leave.

If I don't then there could be another incident like last time. I carefully walked out and set the vines back in the place. Then I started my walk to the building. Once I got there I didn't see anyone. They must still be packing. I thought. I sat down beside the building, dug around in my hair, pulled out a book, and started reading. "Will you hurry up!" I heard a familiar sounding voice. I stood up next to the building with my hand on the handle in case I needed to run inside and hide.

The louder the footsteps got, the more I felt my heart pound in my chest. "Yeah, yeah! I know!" I heard a different voice. "I can't help it that my wheelchair broke." I saw two troll shadows coming closer and closer to the gap in the trees that lead to the building. When they finally became visible, I finally saw the trolls. Creek was one of them!! I didn't recognize the other older troll he was balancing on his shoulder. They stopped for a second and Creek sat the older troll on a log.

"I still don't get how we're going to find Emerald." The older troll said. They were getting closer, so I quickly opened the door and ran in the building. "For the 10th time I told you that all we have to do is follow those other trolls. The dove that one of them can apparently communicate with will show them where to go." Creek explained. "After we find where Emerald is, then we can get her magic!"

Unfortunately, I didn't shut the building door all the way, so it started hitting the building itself. I saw them walking closer to the building, so I ran to the table and hid under it. I sat quietly with my knees pulled to my chest, not daring to make the slightest noise. I heard them walking closer to the building. "What's in this thing?" I heard Creek opening the door slowly. I saw a corner close to the table. Just as Creek set one foot in the building, I quickly crouched into the corner, my knees pressed against my chest. I turned my hair the same light brown as the corner and covered myself with it.