Chapter 12

I could barely grasp my mind around this, so I can only imagine what Poppy's reaction would be! "Wait if your leader really is Poppy's mom and Poppy's mom is a troll then how did she turn into a dove?"

"The story goes like this......" She started telling me the story. Does Poppy even know what happened to her mother?! Does she remember the building incident I read about? Did King Peppy tell her? "Well this is just great! Who's going to tell Poppy?!" I ask Iris. "Tell Poppy what?" I turned around and saw Poppy staring at us, her eyebrow raised. Great we just got busted!

Me and Iris looked at each other. "What do we tell her?" I whispered to her. She shrugged. "Tell me what?" She repeated. I knew I had to think of an excuse, but what could I tell her? Iris seemed to have had an excuse ready to go. "We wanted to tell you that we have a surprise for you at the library." She lied quickly. "Meet us there and we'll show you." Poppy looked uncertain, but agreed. "Alright I'll be there in a few hours. I still have some queen duties to finish up."

Ocean walked out of the store with box of books. "What are you two up to?" He eyed us suspiciously. "Better question," I start. "Why do you have all those books?" He held out the box to us. I dug through them. "All of them are books on sports." I realized. "I wanted to try some new sports like hang gliding, water skiing, and a lot of others." He explained. "Cool, but that'll have to wait." I told him. "Why?"

"Just follow us." I tell him. He shrugs and we start walking to a trolls home - Branch's bunker. If anyone would be able to tell her in the most comforting way possible, it would be him. After a lot of walking we finally made it to the bunker. I walked over and typed in his not-so-secret password. After a few seconds the trap door opened and all of us got on the elevator and started riding it down. Gosh! When you actually go in this bunker it looks even bigger. "Okay," Ocean started. "Who's going to tell him?" We looked at one another. "Uhhhhh...."

"You know I just remembered I promised I would babysit Tiny Diamond for Guy!" Ocean started walking out. "Well have fun without me!" I run over to the elevator and pull him back. "Don't even try!" He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Fine!" He started walking toward Branch's room. Then turned around and pushed me towards them room. "Coward!" I whispered to him. "Branch!" I called. "In here!" He called back. "Come on!" I tell Ocean and Iris. We walked in his room and saw him storing rations.

"Yeah what?" He asked. I look at Ocean. He shrugs and backs away. Iris can't tell him because they can't under stand each other, so that leaves me. "Fine here goes nothing." I take a deep breath. "So.....Lets lighten things up a bit!" I raise my voice trying to change the subject. "How are things going with you and Poppy?" He raised an eyebrow. "Great." He answered blankly. "Have you went on your first date yet?"

He suddenly froze. I wave my hand in front of him. He didn't react. "Is he dead?" Ocean asked. I rolled my eyes. "Of course not! He's probably just frozen in shock." We continued staring at him for while. "Anyone know how we can snap him out of it?" I asked. Ocean and Iris shook their heads. I have an idea! I walked over to where he keeps Gary. "Gee I wonder what would happen if we just took Gary and maybe.......I don't know....Set off all the traps around here." I said casually. Branch snapped out of it, ran over, and snatched Gary away from me. "Are trying to kill us?!"

"No I was trying to snap you out of your trance." I told him. "So good talk!" I run over to where Ocean and Iris are. "Okay one of you jump in!" They look at me. Iris lays down on the floor trying to pretend she's dead. I look at Ocean. He puts on head phones. I give him 'the look'. He groans and takes off the headphones. "Fine!" Branch continues staring at us. "So has Poppy ever told you anything about her mother?" Ocean asked him. "No. Not that I can remember. To be honest I never asked." He raised his eyebrows. "Why?"