t w e l v e

Eden

THE HIGH-KING OF LLYRIA THUNDERS INTO HIS BEDROOM CHAMBERS. Landon is still dragging me when we finally enter His Majesty's room. It's a large room, candles everywhere. Books as well, they're strewn about the room, some half-open, as if he left it like that from reading. It's not that hard to find a bookmark, Your Majesty, I think to myself. The room is a pretty maroon colour, the drapes, carpets, and bed match. A beautiful maroon velvet blanket is across his massive bed. I wish I had time to gawk at it, my fingers itch to touch it. To rub the soft fabric through my thumb and index finger. I have a weakness when it comes to beautiful things.

The High-King walks over to his large leather couch, the couch is stationed in front of a roaring fire. The fireplace is made of different types of stone, the colours switch from grey to brown to copper. The light from the fire dances across the stones. I stare for a beat mesmerized by the beauty of it, before realizing the King is about to put the girl down on his leather couch.

"Stop!" I yelp, he freezes and whirls around, "Put something on the couch, a sheet, or towel. It's going to be messy." He nods then makes eye contact with Landon who lets go of me and rummages through a drawer, he pulls out a large white sheet and towel. He covers the couch in the sheet then lays the towel on top. I feel my shoulder relax, thank the gods he didn't just ruin that gorgeous couch.

The High-King lays the limp girl in his arms down on the couch, setting her gently down. More gently than I thought he was capable of. His gold eyes meet mine, beckoning me to come over. I rattle my chains in emphasis. I can't do anything until these chains are off. He sighs irritatedly and flicks his finger, and my chains fall to the floor. I rub my angry red wrists and hobble over to the girl. Her head is busted open badly, it's swelling. I yank on my core. Looking for that beautiful lake, it's full and bursting again. The grass is green and the trees are lush. I sigh contently at it. I bring my hands together and rub them up and down. They become damp, water is surging from my palms. I wrack my brain around everything my grandmother taught me about healing. She had been training me to be her apprentice before she kicked me out. She was a very skilled healer. She taught me everything. Now I need to see if I can do it without her.

I bring my right palm up above her head injury, my fingers flick up and down, creating a large water droplet. I lower it down onto her head, her eyes jerk open. She screams out in pain. I whip my head to the King, his eyes are narrowed as he watches me. "I need something hard she can bite on, she'll break her teeth from grinding them." He nods, he walks over to the same drawer and fetches me a cloth. I roll my eyes, I guess it'll do, but something hard would be better, she might tear through the cloth especially with her elongated canines. He folds it twice, creating a rectangle, and hands it to me. I snatch it from him, not caring if I'm being rude to the High-King of Llyria.

I shove the cloth in the girl's mouth, she spits it out and glares at me. I yank her mouth open harshly and hiss, "You'll break your teeth. Bite down on it." I order, she eyes me warily. I snarl at her and don't wait for her reply. I forcefully shove the cloth in. She growls something but it isn't audible through the cloth in her mouth. I pull on my lake again, a droplet forms in my hand. I guide it to her forehead again. My fingers twitch as it lowers onto the girl's head. She screams as my healing water touches her wound. She bucks her head. I grab her head harshly and close my eyes, concentrating on my water. My grandmother was much better at these things. She was much kinder to patients than I am. I couldn't give two shits what this Fae girl wants. Healing her will help in my escape. Hopefully killing the King before Ember gets here. I push my water through her wound. The Fae girl passes out. Oh well. It's better if she's unconscious anyway. My water works through her wounds. All of them. Cleaning and repairing.