CHAPTER TEN

Sure enough, he was right. I was enjoying it. A little too much.

A part of me felt like he had done his research, as we'd somehow stumbled upon a dark blue Jaguar backstage, resting with the other guitars. However, this was a brand new guitar.

He seemed eager for me to pick it up and play it too. It was cute. I wasn't going to lie.

Knowing he liked the WaitTime song 'Crayon', I'd played it softly, sitting criss cross apple sauce on the ground, as he sat across from me patiently, holding onto every word.

It had been awhile since I'd played for anyone and it felt refreshing, despite the fact that my hands seemed to be shaking a little, as I slid from chord to chord.

When I finished,  I looked up at him, getting a mini applause from him.

"Avery Pince. Your voice is like sweet honey." He says, "I've heard it on the tv, the radio, but now I can say I've experienced it in real time."

"You got the private experience." I say gently, sending a wink in his direction.

"Damn right I did. And it was lovely."  He has a proud smirk scrawled across his face, as Liam begins to stand, he outstretches a hand and I take it, letting him pull me up off the ground.

"Where do you want me to put it?" I ask, gesturing to the gorgeous guitar.

"It's yours now. But I suppose you could just put it on the rack with the others. I'll make sure they put it in a case later."

So I was right. He had read up on me.

To most people that means finding out what flowers and candies you like.

Apparently to Liam Gallagher it meant a $1700 guitar.

I wasn't complaining.

"You're joking right?" I run my fingers over the strings again. I didn't have any of my own instruments in Damon's apartment, so I'd been stuck using his instead.

"Nope. And if you're wondering, Noel was the one who gave me the idea, said he read you liked Jaguar's somewhere."

Huh. Noel? Perhaps he didn't hate me as much as I'd previously thought.

"So you went out and bought a Jaguar?" I ask "For a girl you slept with?"

He rolls his eyes "Stop labeling yourself that low. Avery, you're a girl I like. In fact, a very passionate and talented one at that. If you were just a girl I'd slept with, you'd be waiting in line outside."

Part of me wondered if that had ever happened before. Hopefully not.

Poor girl if so.

We were less than two hours in and I was starting to feel the same way as him. The lengths he had gone to, to make things perfect, were well, astounding.

"Can the girl you like, does she have permission to kiss you?" I ask quietly.

"You've always had it." He murmurs, just as I lean up and kiss him, our lips crashing into one another.

This wasn't a soft kiss, it was a deeper one, both of us longing, searching for one another's deepest darkest secrets.

Finally, pulling apart. I looked at him, practically beaming. "Do you want my answer now?" I ask