CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A few weeks had passed since Liam had spent the night at Liam's and the whole NME cover thing. I had hated it, not liking how the photos had been taken without me knowing, Liam, on the other hand loved it. As he went as far as to buy several copies of it and frame one of them in his own apartment.

Liam had gone back to Manchester a week after our second time together. It had been upsetting of course. He'd tried getting me to go with him, practically begged, saying how he'd just have the band and his apartment would be empty.

I almost went. But decided against it last minute. Liam conflicted me. Sometimes I felt pulled in 7 billion different directions because of him.

Our phone calls were always long and vivacious, detailed and gritty, racking up long bills both of us could afford to pay, like the one we were on now. It was going on 3 hours now.

"You're coming up this weekend alright?" He says suddenly. "I want to see you. It's been weeks. I crave you birdie."

Birdie. He seemed to have latched onto calling me that. It was sweet, made me forget about how rough Liam could be towards other people. But I was birdie. Sweet ol birdie.

"You want me to come up to Manchester?" I ask, unsure of what he wanted. It was a long trip, and it would be worth it, I knew that. So why was I so hesitant?

"No. I want you to send fucking Blur in a pretty bow and ribbon. Make em sing Roll With It." He chuckles a little, growing more serious "Of course I want you to. Come stay with me for the week."

"I've got to think about it. That's a long time." I murmur.

He scoffs. "I like you and you like me. It's been a month since we first met, and I haven't seen your lovely face in person for weeks."

"Have you been reading the tabloids for me?" I ask, laughing.

"Worse. I've been buying them. Noel came by yesterday, complained about the mess on the floor. Said he felt like he was in a stalkers house."

I could imagine it. Sloppily thrown across the floor, strewn open to photos of me doing whatever. I zoned off, a smile on my face, enjoying the idea of being missed by someone so bad.

Only to be pulled back in, by a somewhat angry Liam. "Oi! Stop wearing those fucking Blur shirts. Could've easily sent you some from a better band."

I was doing it on purpose. The photos he was saving and so desperately buying from stores, featured his least favourite band. It was funny and Alex had given me the idea.

Either way, I was convinced by the idea of a week with Liam. "Yeah alright, I'll come and stay with you. Better give me a nice looking Oasis shirt though."

"Trust me. I've got a few laying around, just for you." He says lazily.

"I'll call you with my travel information later. Right now, I'm getting another call. Miss you." I coo into the phone.

The last thing he says is "Miss you too Birdie. See you soon."

I hang up, and accept the next call, unsure of who it was, to even begin with. "Hello?" I say quietly as I add "This is Avery Pince speaking, who's there?"

Turns out, it was my manager. Finally getting back to me on the whole extra ticket thing. "Hello there Avery, got a little bit of news for you involving your little request."