CHAPTER FORTY SIX

The Talented Mr. Ripley had wrapped completely, all the scenes had been filmed and watching it happen had been mesmerizing. Part of me wished I'd known Matt when he'd first started the project, so I could've witnessed more of it.

However, it didn't matter. Now we all done, all settled and Matt, Jude and I were off, all the way back to my favorite place in the world.

London. I hadn't been here in a bit, yet at the invitation of Jude Law and his girlfriend, we were here. Staying in their guest bedroom in Primrose Hill. A place I'd never been to, surprisingly enough, as the Blur boys didn't like the parties over there, claiming the bohemian-chic soho clubs were much better.

And less stuffy.

Also, Liam hadn't lived in that area of London either. So honestly, I didn't know anyone that would willingly take me over to that side of London either. But apparently now, Matt and I were celebrity enough to make our way in.

To be honest, I just wanted to see my friends. Not really in the mood to party or why ever the fuck we were here, and I had the feeling Matt didn't want to either.

We'd settled into the bedroom in their place, settling out of clothes, before I scurried out onto the balcony, lighting a cigarette, taking a long drag.

So much shit was changing and it was all unavoidable. Part of me wished I was still in Italy, where time seemed to be frozen under the guise of movie sets and Gwyneth Paltrow dashing around.

"Everything okay?" Matt asks hesitantly, stepping out onto the balcony, resting his hands on the railing.

I nod my head before saying "Just not used to well, this part of London. You know? Kinda miss the old-"

He cuts me off, kissing the top of my head "We can go visit every single one of your friends, or, if you'd like space. Trust me, I'll give it to you."

Grinning, I take his hand into mine and squeeze it gently and murmur a thank you, going to stand up and put my cigarette out, before looking down below us, down a couple floors and to the backyard space.

There's a bit of yelling, excited yelling, exchanged in the late evening light between Jude and a familiar mancunian voice.

Not the one I was so hesitant to speak to or about, but the one I'd previously hated and let Courtney attack.

"Noel! You fuck! Is that you?" I lean over the railing, trying to catch a glimpse of him as I yell down.

Matt jumps up, placing his hands on my shoulders to steady me and make sure I don't flip myself over and end up as a pancake, flattened out on the ground before even getting the chance to say hello properly.

In the dark, I watch as a new figure emerges from the porch, and sure enough, it's Noel Gallagher, who is for some reason, wearing shades in the middle of the night.

"Avery Pince is that fucking you?" He calls out, uncrossing his arms

I nod my head and lean further down "Surprise! Matt and I are in London for a bit. Staying with your neighbors."

He scoffs "and you didn't tell me! Or Liam. He'll loose his mind that you're here. Come down, bloody hell. It's been too long." He sounds a bit angry that he hadn't known earlier.

I laugh, pulling myself back over and grab Matt's hand, tangling ours together as I start pulling us down the halls.

"Oh my god. I'm seriously meeting the dude from Oasis." He mutters under his breath.