CHAPTER FIFTY NINE

Eventually, I'd gotten my plans for the day figured out. Instead of hanging out with Graham for the day, I was actually splitting my time between a few different people.

Damon and I had gotten in touch, and wanted me to meet him at the studio he was using to work on his new project. That wasn't exactly betrayal to Graham, but I did want to hear whatever the fuck Damon was doing.

Then, I was finally going to see Lisa and little baby Molly for lunch. It had been awhile and I'd figured hey! why not be a good god parent? So I'd called her up and asked what the two were up to.

Very unbeknownst to Liam.

And then, speak of the devil, the rest of my day was probably going to be spent with him at his house, before the inevitable which would be returning to Noel's and partying all over again.

I really hoped that wouldn't happen.

As going back to Jude's home to change and everything was entirely awkward for me, not even for him.

He was all chipper, acting as if nothing had happened and it was a complete blast from the past. I would absolutely be asking Damon if I could crash at his place. As hiding out in the bedroom, a few doors down from Jude wasn't really cutting it for me.

So to distract myself, I'd ended up calling Kim and Thurston to pop the question about producing what Graham and I were doing.

The phone rang for a few seconds before the finally picked up. "Hello?" Kim asks confusedly.

"Hey Kim, it's chipper." I say referring to her old nickname for me.

"Avery! Hon, I've missed you! Also, why are you always calling from random numbers?" He says softly

"Honestly. I don't know. I'm always traveling. Maybe that's why." I shrug before then continuing "I have a big favor to ask, huge proposition for you."

"What is it? Tour or something? Cause if so, link it through our management." She says laughing.

"Nah. Better. You ever heard of Blur?" I ask

"Know of them, mainly that one song, the woohoo one? Thurston seems to like their other stuff though."

"Well their guitarist, his name is Graham and I have been working on a little something, and were wondering if you'd like to produce it? Well, you and Thurston."

"What's the sound like?" She asks hesitantly

"Experimental alt rock, mixed with softer indie."

"So not pop rock? Or pop punk?"

"No. Does it really seem like I listen to that?" I ask

"Fuck no. There's just been a lot of it recently and it's overwhelming."

I laugh "Glad I'm hanging with the Brits then."

"Yeah, totally. Look, I'll talk to Thurston about it. He's using picky about producing stuff, but it's you Chipper! And the guy from Blur."

"Graham-" I correct

"Graham right, so I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Or our manager will. You know, whatever ends up happening."

"Great. I'll let him know you're interested."

"See ya."

And with that the call ends, leaving me to dial up Graham and give him the very nice news I had just collected.

"Avery?" He asks, yawning a bit.

"Sorry for ditching you last night. Got occupied. You sound hungover though." I say