CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

The next morning had gone as the following, waking up in Liam's bed. Fully clothed, thank god and his arms wrapped around me, head nestled into the crook of my neck gently. It was calming, however, glancing over at the alarm clock on the nearby table, I bolt up, seeing that it's 8 AM.

I needed to be gone hours ago, I shouldn't have agreed to stay, really that was a stupid decision. A really bad one.

Careful not to wake him up, I slide out of bed and scurry around, grabbing whatever of my belongings I needed to get and then, make my way to the telephone, deciding I'd call Damon to come get me or some shit.

As the last thing I wanted to do was go see Matt. And the company of Blur offered a distraction for me.

Only, he doesn't pick up and as I rack my brain for phone numbers I could remember, I stumble upon Graham's. Would he be up? Probably. Would he come get me? Probably. If I paid him or something.

So I called and he picked up "Graham, is that you?" I ask

"Jesus, Avery. It's the morning. Why are you calling so early?" He yawns, pausing to I assume, take a sip of his coffee.

"I need a favor, and er Damon isn't answering the phone." I explain calmly.

Graham sighs "Probably because he's strung out at Alex's. Hold on. Where are you? I'll come get you."

I tell him the address and he sighs, telling me that he'd probably get there in around twenty minutes, and that I should probably just sit tight. I had no problems with that, so I simply got ready to leave.

Tying my shoes and pulling my cardigan on, I stand in the mirror, making sure it doesn't look like I'd had the roughest night of all time.

"Going so soon?" I hear Liam's groggy voice say, turning around to see his eyes open, trailing over me gently.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to hear you call that posh piece of shit."

"You need to get over that whole thing." I say exasperatedly.

"Absolutely not." He sits up, pouting before making his way over to me, wrapping his arms from my waist, kissing my cheek softly. "Am I still allowed to do this?" He asks

I nod my head and say "If we're in private."

"Fucking hell, I understood that Birdie." He says rolling his eyes.

"It's hard to tell with you." I snap back, putting an end to the conversation as a whole. We just stand there, admiring the reflection of ourselves in the mirror, only pulling apart when the sound of Lennon crying fills our ears.

"Shit." Is all he says, before pulling away and heading to the nursery.

Quietly, I follow, watching him carefully from behind the scenes, and staying behind the door as he calmed his child down, within seconds ending the tears. Perhaps I'd misjudged Liam's parenting by a whole lot.

Maybe he had just been scared and not ready the first time around with Lisa and Molly. It still didn't excuse his absence in their lives, but it would've made more sense.

Liam stalks off soon after, the baby balanced in his hands. "Look at that. He's all better now." He grins, patting the kids head.

"It's nice to see he hasn't inherited his father's temper." I say in response, looking into Lennon's eyes, starting to think okay maybe, this was a really fucking adorable kid.

"That's not funny." Liam says, rolling his eyes. "How long till Albarn's cock puppet appears?" He asks, making his way down the hallways of his home, cheer in each step.