CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

I'd made my way up the steps to Liam's home, noticing the car in the driveway, I'd just figured that it was the sitter leaving or coming by. Depending on the plans for the night. He'd need one for Lennon.

Either way I'd rung the doorbell, leaning against one of the columns on the porch, waiting for him to open the door.

Eventually getting tired of waiting and ringing the doorbell again and knocking the door a couple time.

The door opens, revealing a somewhat irritated and now panicked looking Liam. "You really need to go." He says in a hushed voice, looking back towards the living room of his home, where I see the outline of someone sitting on the sofa.

"Why? What's going on? You're the one who told me to come by." I say annoyed, as I'd been dropped off.

"Listen. Let's just say my lawyer had the papers delivered early." He says in a hushed voice.

"She's not here is she?" I ask

"Why do you think I haven't invited you inside yet?"

Just then the figure darts up, jumping off the sofa and walking over to the door curiously. I start to dash off, trying to hobble into the side of the house, hiding behind a tree.

But I hear Patsy's voice a few seconds later. "Come back out, I am not a complete fool." She sound broken, hurt and kind of torn into two, as if she'd been tired out even before she gotten home.

"There's no one here. What are you talking about?" Liam tries to argue.

"I saw someone. Don't be a liar." She counters, before once again saying "Come on out, I don't bite."

I sigh, shoving my hands into my pockets and make my way back to the front of the house where everyone is standing, and this only seems to worsen the situation.

Instead of anger sitting on her face, it twists from realization to an upright sad disposition that makes me want to almost rip my heart out.  She had still been in love with him.

He was the one who had fallen out of if, or perhaps had never been in it to begin with. And I was once again the home wrecker among the midst.

"You..What do you want?" She asks softly, crossing her arms, even though it was painfully obvious.

"I just came to drop something off. I promised I'd give the scoop on..Damon Albarn's new project! Wanted to give him the edge on the competition."

"The same time I come home and realize I'm being divorced?" The pain in her voice becomes more present with word she speaks, the slight rasp, the heaviness of it all.

Liam begins to speak, "It has nothing to do with her. So stop it. We aren't fucking in love. Everything we do is empty."

"To you! But I've cherished every moment I've shared with you and spent countless nights wondering why it felt like I was the only one who did it." She snaps back.

"Jesus, don't you think that means we SHOULD separate?" Liam yells, running a hand through his hair.

"Who makes you, who drives you crazy if it isn't me?" She asks, breathlessly

"I'm not answering-"

"Do it."

I felt like I was intruding, so I start to back away, trying to move into the driveway and walk away, to give them space. I really didn't want to hear the conversation at hand. Especially if he was going to tell the truth and bring me into everything what he was saying.