CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

He came down momentarily, carrying Lennon in his arms before plopping down on the sofa beside me, leaning into my side, while I fidgeted with the television and what channel it was on, he played with Lennon, bouncing him on his lap and what not.

Finally settling on the news, I turn, watching him play with Lennon. Part of me wanting to hold him, but I felt guilty, especially since he was Patsy's kid.

Liam seems to notice and frowns "Do you want to hold him?"

"I do, but I feel well, guilty. He's Patsy's son too." I note, which Liam ignores and he plants Lennon on my lap and wraps an arm around my shoulder, his other hand resting on my upper arm gently just as he says "Play with the damn baby."

Hesitantly, I reach forwards to Lennon and pick him up, pretending to let him fly for a bit before laying him down on my lap, seeing that he seems a bit tired. However, his hand reaches for my finger and I let him wrap it around.

I feel myself blush, turning over to at Liam, who's simply just beaming, happy with the scene happy in front of you. "Look at him." He leans over, patting Lennon on the head and grins.

"Aren't you happy to be a father?" I ask, trying to figure out where he stood on it all.

"I love Lennon, and feel like he's honestly made me a better person. He's gotten me to better myself." His gaze is focused on Lennon eagerly, then going to tickle his son gently.

"Do you think you'd ever start a relationship with Molly?" I ask

He sighs, lifting up Lennon and bouncing him around as he says "One thing at a time. Besides, it's been a year now. I'll go see her when it's less awkward."

"When is that?" I ask curiously

He groans "I'll figure it out. I promise Birdie."

I sigh, not wanting to argue and roll over towards him and plant a kiss on his cheek, ruffling his hair before seeing him practically jump up at the news report that was on.

"That's NOT fucking true." He yells, sitting Lennon down on his lap.

I look over at the report and see a photo of me on the screen, from earlier when I was at the studio, where I'm knocking on the window of Damon's managers car. The headline reading as followed:

"DAMON ALBARN AND AVERY PINCE ENGAGED."

He looks over at me and hands Lennon to me before getting up and rushing to the telephone, starting to dial a number. "I'm getting this shit settled now."

I spin around, holding Lennon carefully in my arms and say "What exactly are you doing?"

He grins, as if the answer should've been obvious to me. "Declaring my love for you to the world. For the final fucking time." Wow. That was serious. Never thought I'd hear him do it.

"Go for it." I say, watching as he nods his head and continues to call, eventually reaching what I assume to be his manager.

"Listen. Avery and I are FUCKING engaged. Not the Blur twat. Get that out to absolutely everyone you can. No I haven't checked with her management. What if they want an exclusive? Fuck it. We'll give whoever offers the most a whole photoshoot. Bye. See you then."

With that he hangs up the phone, walking back over as he says "Don't know if you heard. But the world will know soon enough."